The Everton Board Thread

The fella who wrote that chats wham, but.

We spent vast fortunes and entered a relegation battle, why people are happy that we are going to spend less I dont know.

Oh right, you think we wont buy bad players.

*giggle
There's definitely an argument to be made that a poor recruitment team with less money is going to do worse than a poor recruitment team with more money.

There's definitely an argument to be made that a poor recruitment team with less money is going to do worse than a poor recruitment team with more money.

Is there? I mean we are currently hamstrung by FFP and having our finances investigated because of that poor recruitment team spending loads of money.

No mate, im saying that despite spending vast sums, we did.

I dunno, seems silly to consider spending less a positive, but y'all just want Moshiri out no matter what.

Putting their own ego above the long term health of the club.

I just wish this cabal would own it as they're more than happy for these Real Estate Vanpires to buy the club and take us back to the glory days of Kenwright austerity and dodgy offshore loans from Mr Green but with the added bonus of absent owners residing on the otherside of the planet.

Everyones entitled to an opinion but just own it lads - you're happy turning a blind eye to these Texans because you dont like the Iranian fella with the silly voice owning the club.

I just wish this cabal would own it as they're more than happy for these Real Estate Vanpires to buy the club and take us back to the glory days of Kenwright austerity and dodgy offshore loans from Mr Green but with the added bonus of absent owners residing on the otherside of the planet.

Everyones entitled to an opinion but just own it lads - you're happy turning a blind eye to these Texans because you dont like the Iranian fella with the silly voice owning the club.

We’ll never forget you championing a fat kopite who was taking us down because you were too embarrassed to acknowledge you were wrong.

Sssssssssssssssss.

The health of the club is not in good shape because of extravagant spending and mismanagement

The idea we should support that continuing is utter nonsense.

Any new owner would struggle to run the club this badly.

Is there? I mean we are currently hamstrung by FFP and having our finances investigated because of that poor recruitment team spending loads of money.
In terms of diagnosing what's gone wrong, you're spot on.

However, none of that can be reversed now. We need better players regardless.

Is there really more chance of that happening because there's less money to spend?

Is there really more chance of that happening because there's less money to spend?

We can’t spend any money in the immediate future regardless of who owns us, as a direct result of throwing money around like pissed up sailors for the past 5 years.

We need to spend less for a while so we can eventually spend more in future. Our wage bill is totally unsustainable

The health of the club is not in good shape because of extravagant spending and mismanagement

The idea we should support that continuing is utter nonsense.

Any new owner would struggle to run the club this badly.

Man City and Liverpool spend extravagantly as have Leicester.

Spending money isn't a bad thing in itself its what you do with the money.

We can’t spend any money in the immediate future regardless of who owns us, as a direct result of throwing money around like pissed up sailors for the past 5 years.

We need to spend less for a while so we can eventually spend more in future. Our wage bill is totally unsustainable
I don't disagree with either of you.

I'm just worried that this FFP situation is going to be a death sentence.

Man City and Liverpool spend extravagantly as have Leicester.

Spending money isn't a bad thing in itself its what you do with the money.

All those clubs make money, that’s why they can spend. We don’t make money, we lose £100m+ every single year, that’s the key difference. Those clubs are run correctly and we’re not.

But thats the issue - when we can eventually spend money in the future we won't be as these cats are only arsed about the stadium / real estate around BMD and thats it.

We'll be another Newcastle under Ashley - big club, big potential, big stadium, no investment and bobbing around midtable with no excitement - ask a Geordie how great an experience that was.

Why anyone would want that when we have lived through the Kenwright years I'll never know.

We need an owner willing to spend who also sorts oot the recruitment department and brings in good people to run the club - not cowboys sticking their 30 yr old sons in charge of running the show.