2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has the "need before FFP" thing come from, as this is the first time I've even seen it.

Reckon Spurs need to sell us Son for 3.50 as they need to for FFP and personal reasons in the next 22.5 hours.

Every day some random new bs ffs

It's been reported for the past few days - we need to have a fee sorted before the new FFP cycle kicks in to counter losses

It's been reported for the past few days - we need to have a fee sorted before the new FFP cycle kicks in to counter losses
I still am not sure exactly how this works. If it was pure accounting (forget football), and you wanted it in the same period as other losses, then you would just extend your accounting period by a month or 2 - you can have up to 18 months.

But maybe you cant do that for football finances.

I'm also a bit lost why it would make a difference if we sold a player in the last week of June rather than say the first week of July. If that would have a big impact under regulations, then the regulations aren't really very effective.

I still am not sure exactly how this works. If it was pure accounting (forget football) then you would just extend your accounting period by a month or 2 - you can have up to 18 months.

But maybe you cant do that for football finances. I'm also a bit lost why it would make a difference if we sold a player in the last week of June rather than say the first week of July. If that would have a big impact under regulations, then the regulations aren't really very effective.
What I meant really, doubt it's as black and white as "THEY HAVE 24 HOURS".

I still am not sure exactly how this works. If it was pure accounting (forget football), and you wanted it in the same period as other losses, then you would just extend your accounting period by a month or 2 - you can have up to 18 months.

But maybe you cant do that for football finances. I'm also a bit lost why it would make a difference if we sold a player in the last week of June rather than say the first week of July. If that would have a big impact under regulations, then the regulations aren't really very effective.

I don't totally understand the dark arts of FFP, but this is what the Athletic reported (end of last week)

As the end of the current financial year, and thus the latest FFP cycle too, that date marks the final day in which incomings and outgoings can be added to Everton’s 2021-22 profit and loss calculations.

The bulk of Everton’s incomings for this window will have to be done after June 30. With so little wiggle room, the focus for the next few days will be on bringing in money and further reducing costs.

Where has the "need before FFP" thing come from, as this is the first time I've even seen it.

Reckon Spurs need to sell us Son for 3.50 as they need to for FFP and personal reasons in the next 22.5 hours.

Every day some random new bs ffs
First time???

We have been struggling against FFP for the last two seasons. We are finally at the point where we have to balance tgdd we books and the accounting period closes at the end of June.

It’s sell or get a fine/points deduction.

It will be the same next summer BTW because we have already spent this windows budget on Alli.

Gutted he’s going but as long as we get a decent fee, I can accept it and wish him well. Would have liked him to have gone to a better club with more chance of winning things but taking my Everton tinted glasses off, I suppose he’s going to a Champions League club under Antonio Conte, competing at the top (ish) end of the table. Beats another potential relegation battle here. Just need it sorted quick. Be interesting to see how he reacts to being rotated. He’s surely not going to be an automatic starter?

I don't totally understand the dark arts of FFP, but this is what the Athletic reported (end of last week)
I suppose it would depend then on the 3 year cumulative numbers, but I definitely cba going through that.

I do still think its a flaw with the regulations. If a club making a large profit on a transfer one day later makes a big impact on their compliance, then the regulations aren't particularly useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.