2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen Gbamin or DCL scans so how would I know if they were similar?

I'll take your word for it though, cheers.
They both suffered serious quadriceps injuries. It was mentioned in multiple reliable reports that they were similar, yes.

You cannot sell both Richarlison and DCL - our only two goal scorers - in the same window, after we stayed up by the skin of our teeth, when we already need to add about 5 players to the squad as it is. And the two players are the ones that scored in the game that kept us up, too.

He looked underwhelming in that MLS friendly? Mate, we lost 4-0. Who didn't look underwhelming?
I definitely fathom your point ,more of an impulse thought than a serious notion but he needs to perform this season and I'm a little dubious on whether he's in the condition to deliver, that injury seemed to significantly affect him. Can we afford anyone if we don't sell further? It just feels very dire currently

He tore his quad ffs

You know, that injury that kept him out for 4 months fully, and then when he came back he kept getting flare ups because of it.

It was a very similar injury to the one Gbamin suffered in September 2019

That's shy I'm torn on selling him if s big offer came in mate,the specific injury he has dies have a track record of reoccurring in other players who've had it.

A fully fit DCL all season is huge for us.

A DCL who breaks down. Or one where the fear of him breaking down leads to a lot of 'precautionary' games missed or minor niggles is huge the opposite way.

You're right about needing 4-5 players currently, with little money up front available, question then becomes 'if' you could get in 50-60m say for him and say bring in Broja for half of that AND the full leftover balance is added to say the '20m' (rough guess) we have to strentghen, then is it the smart thing to do ..

You cannot sell both Richarlison and DCL - our only two goal scorers - in the same window, after we stayed up by the skin of our teeth, when we already need to add about 5 players to the squad as it is. And the two players are the ones that scored in the game that kept us up, too.

He looked underwhelming in that MLS friendly? Mate, we lost 4-0. Who didn't look underwhelming?
100% we need to add goals not be taking them away two weeks out from the season. I'm surprised so many are relaxed with the idea when we have struggled enough even bringing anyone in to fill any of what Richy brought.

It's was Everton who were putting times frames of 3-4 weeks on his return but the injury would reoccur each time he tried to training.

This happened 3 times no?

Pretty sure they ruled Gbamin out for months instantly.
I think you could be right.
It was a serious injury nonetheless.

I definitely fathom your point ,more of an impulse thought than a serious notion but he needs to perform this season and I'm a little dubious on whether he's in the condition to deliver, that injury seemed to significantly affect him. Can we afford anyone if we don't sell further? It just feels very dire currently
We have a striker who we know is capable of 20goals a season, if we sell him it is highly unlikely we will attract another player capable of delivering that return.
We have already lost one goal scorer it would be extremely negligent to willingly sacrifice the other.

That's shy I'm torn on selling him if s big offer came in mate,the specific injury he has dies have a track record of reoccurring in other players who've had it.

A fully fit DCL all season is huge for us.

A DCL who breaks down. Or one where the fear of him breaking down leads to a lot of 'precautionary' games missed or minor niggles is huge the opposite way.

You're right about needing 4-5 players currently, with little money up front available, question then becomes 'if' you could get in 50-60m say for him and say bring in Broja for half of that AND the full leftover balance is added to say the '20m' (rough guess) we have to strentghen, then is it the smart thing to do ..

And my thinking re Broja is we only move if we sell DCL, with the big pull of "be 1st choice here".

And my thinking re Broja is we only move if we sell DCL, with the big pull of "be 1st choice here".

I'm gonna speculate - say for arguments sake we have 25m to spend, then say the situation we can sell DCL for 55m Buy Broja for 27.5 would give us circa 50m throw in loan fees received to round it up another 2.5m

Would give us 55m.

Loan Gallacher with a purchase option (3m loan fee 30m option)
Buy MGW for 30m (20 up front)
Buy Cowill for 20m (15 up front)
Buy Gilmour for 10-12m (7 up front)
Loan Gueye (3m loan fee)

That's spending overall around 65-68m 48m up front another 20m in add-ons and a commitment for another 30m on Gallacher.

We'd have lost DCL and Richy.

Gained Broja, Cowill, Gallacher, Gibbs-White, Gueye and Gilmour.

Throw on top of it a loan move for someone who can cover fullback.

Can pretty much guarantee Broja, Cowill, Gallacher and Gibbs-White the starting spots they all want (well 30+ a season at least)

Added Gueye for experience at the heart of the team, the onus isn't on Gilmour to produce every game as he'll be an option not guaranteed starter so can develop him through the season. Cowill slots into a back 5 or back 4 as the left cb.

Play Gallacher - Gueye in a two add in MGW/Gilmour depending on the formation in a 3,

Pure fantasy stuff mind but what you think mate ?

Think what this team needs is a few experienced players at it's heart with the right type of character and attitude (and ability) and around it a group of younger hungry players with points to prove who haven't been tainted by being part of us before ?

Pickford, Tarkowski, Gueye, Dele (if he's got his passion back for it)

Mykolenko, Gordon, Patterson all seem to have that right attitude and then add to it with the ones I suggested Gallacher, Broja, MGW, Cowill, Gilmour

Have Mina for the back 5, Dacoure/Allan around as;squad players.

Bin most of the rest off and let some academy lads feed off the positive energy having a younger team would provide.

It's kind of whst Viera is attempting at Palace tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.