Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see him skip by players like they aren’t there in the Premier league.
We'll soon train those rabona passes and silky footwork out of him. Yes, we'll be having none of that down at Finch Farm, all Frank needs to know is if he's any good at piggy in the middle as that's all they appear to do on the training field.

Quite honestly (and rather soberingly) with the number of new players we needed/are bringing in I think we can write off most of the first third of the season. No matter who we get through the door in the next 2 weeks + its going to take time for the team to build an understanding. You cannot expect to replace the spine of a team, bolster the defence, replace the midfield and bring in a new attack AND win games right away.
That`s a risky strategy because the losing habit is hard to break as we saw last season, losing while trying to bed a new system will crush confidence... If we dont recover we will be relegated.

Quite honestly (and rather soberingly) with the number of new players we needed/are bringing in I think we can write off most of the first third of the season. No matter who we get through the door in the next 2 weeks + its going to take time for the team to build an understanding. You cannot expect to replace the spine of a team, bolster the defence, replace the midfield and bring in a new attack AND win games right away.
I agree totally but then I don't think it's impossible to improve results with three or four signings. Martinez window when he brought Rom, Barry and Mcarthy in springs to mind.

If we are selling Gordon we have to say we want Broja on loan as part of the agreement
I wouldn’t mind Broja, especially compared to what we have but I wouldn’t hang the deal up on him or anything. It’s kinda puzzled me all summer to be honest, think he’d do well here of course but I really don’t see enough in him to basically hold up the whole summer business so far on a striker to wait and see with him.

Effectively the same thing as when we signed signed Lukaku on loan originally. Chelsea wanted to try him out first after a season on loan, then didn’t bother with him. The difference is Lukaku had scored 17 goals in the league with West Brom, Broja only had 6 for Southampton.

Again a good player but I don’t know why we’re almost so all or nothing with him specifically.

I wouldn’t mind Broja, especially compared to what we have but I wouldn’t hang the deal up on him or anything. It’s kinda puzzled me all summer to be honest, think he’d do well here of course but I really don’t see enough in him to basically hold up the whole summer business so far on a striker to wait and see with him.

Effectively the same thing as when we signed signed Lukaku on loan originally. Chelsea wanted to try him out first after a season on loan, then didn’t bother with him. The difference is Lukaku had scored 17 goals in the league with West Brom, Broja only had 6 for Southampton.

Again a good player but I don’t know why we’re almost so all or nothing with him specifically.

Not really the same mate, we where never interested in Lukaku or waiting on him, we literally went after Ba, got told no but how about Lukaku

Did we? Why don`t you post the team for all the boys and girls....
Screenshot_20220817-183447_BBC Sport.jpg

What I always find weird about these links is they will use an @ like Elbobble but you cant see anywhere that he has written it.

Anyone can sign off some links with a random source.
Does he not run a podcast too now...one that you have to pay? I think he does sometime provide updates that he doesn't post on twitter for all to see

Status
Not open for further replies.