2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford (a)
Leeds (a)
Liverpool (h)
Arsenal (a)

Given our away form under Lampard, it’s not unlikely we could be on 1 point after 7 games.
If we’re on one point after that group of fixtures, questions need to be asked of him and his coaching staff.

A draw against Forest yesterday was simply not good enough either.

The owners need to go first, before Frank - sure. But that’s not happening. So we need a manager who knows what he’s doing long term.

But I still stick to the plan that we should give Lampard until Xmas. He’s got no excuses left if we’re still crap by the time the January window opens.

haha You do realize we came 8th under him right? And went un beaten in his first 7 games? Meanwhile Carlo had us 12th and was a total failure, in fact the only thing he did for us was beat Liverpool in a final with another side
Mate I watched every game under Allardyce and I know who was better, regardless of league position!

Also if that’s our success gauge then Bobby was by far the best.

Brentford (a)
Leeds (a)
Liverpool (h)
Arsenal (a)

Given our away form under Lampard, it’s not unlikely we could be on 1 point after 7 games.
I think with a striker in we could take something at Leeds...if we get one registered by then.

Probably - if we get that striker - we'll be on 2 points out of 7 games. Losing 19 points from the first 7 games will put us in relegation danger for sure all season.

This manager needs to be making ultimatums to the board right now: provide the funds for a striker or I'll leave.

No, individual brilliance of players like Richy kept us up.

I simply don’t understand the fawning over this man as a manager. He’s simply not up to it.

I like him and he does need backing. But so do other managers.

I would take Dyche or go balls out for Cooper if we’re around the bottom 5 come Xmas.

Frank deserves until then, we need to see what he can do with new players. But I’m not keen on his transfer targets at all.

It's not fawning over the man at all, it's looking at it realistically and saying "hey, guess what we have NO 'KIN FRONT MEN FFS"

Brentford (a)
Leeds (a)
Liverpool (h)
Arsenal (a)

Not taken long for the ‘fixtures = points’ posts this season!

Remember when we were relegated after losing to Burnley last season? How many people predicted our wins again Chelsea and United?

I think with a striker in we could take something at Leeds...if we get one registered by then.

Probably - if we get that striker - we'll be on 2 points out of 7 games. Losing 19 points from the first 7 games will put us in relegation danger for sure all season.

This manager needs to be making ultimatums to the board right now: provide the funds for a striker or I'll leave.
If we get a striker in this week we can get something off Brentford too imo

Ah right, so Harry Tyrer has kept 1 clean sheetout of 3 on loan and Pickford hasn't, so by your reckoning Tyrer should be in goal.

I'll ask you again, were you championing for the kid to be promoted to the first team because I don't remember you posting in the youth thread about him

And again I don't need to champion something obvious. I might call for Tyrer not to be loaned should Picks and Begovic get injured. Because its beyond stupid to let the next in line leave when their is no option.
He could have quite easily left deadline day having played 4 or 5 games for us

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.