2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a bit weird their situation to be honest. They are giving him ALOT of control. Maybe the other shareholders know they have no idea what they are doing so they are passing the bill to the rich guy.

I think it's that and the fact that Glazer's don't really care. They just want it to make them money, which it will, but now they'll never be the ones blamed if the success doesn't come and if it does then it's even better for them.

I've never had any love for Man United but they used to at least be an institution with a bit of pride, now they're laying off 25% of their staff and cryarsing in the media all because they simply can't afford the footballers they believe they're entitled to. Pathetic.

imagine being one of those laid off when you were probably earning buttons, and the footballerists earn your annual (now lost) salary in minutes, and your new boss is the richest bloke in the country. Disgraceful.

We may be rubbish at football but I'd take that any day over the way these others act

imagine being one of those laid off when you were probably earning buttons, and the footballerists earn your annual (now lost) salary in minutes, and your new boss is the richest bloke in the country. Disgraceful.

We may be rubbish at football but I'd take that any day over the way these others act
All the while being happy-clapped on by their shareholders, the media and fans in Asia or wherever.

Meanwhile locally a whole bunch of people lose their jobs to pay a dividend.

Firing 250 employees to pay Casemiro 18.2 million £ a year.

He's a good , solid premier league level centre half but that's a lot of money for someone whose realistically in his prime and not likely to improve....

Makes utd's bid seem even more ridiculous
That's great for us tbh. £40m for a 27 year old English centre back that's never represented his country at any level. That's a very good argument to value Branthwaite - already far superior - at double that or more, especially given his importance to us.

That's great for us tbh. £40m for a 27 year old English centre back that's never represented his country at any level. That's a very good argument to value Branthwaite - already far superior - at double that or more, especially given his importance to us.
Exactly, he's nowhere near the player JB is right now let alone will be in 5 years time. Honestly this shows our 70m asking price is if anything an under-valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back