Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the money they save works out about 8 months of Mason Mount’s salary, wouldn’t make a dent on Branthwaites fee.
Just as a rough calculation assuming they earn an average of 35k per year, he's now saving just shy of £9m per year, which equates to, yep, about two-thirds of Mount's salary (about 250k a week). Absolutely obscene the money these guys earn, especially bang average ones such as Mount.

I’ve not been following Ratcliffe closely but I believe his actions so far have been:

- deprioritising the Man Utd women’s team
- telling Forest, Everton and others to realise how important the ‘big 6’ are
- putting non-playing staff at United up for redundancy
- trying to buy Branthwaite for the price of a good Championship player

He seems to deride the heritage of the game, and to constantly be trying to put people in their place, if he considers them less important than him.

You forgot trying to get their council to pay for OT upgrade .. or even a new stadium

Devil's advocate - can someone tell me what a football club needs a thousand employees for? Most Prem clubs seem to get by with far fewer.

100% agree with this about Ratcliffe, mind.

RS are the only other PL club with over 1000 employees. Arsenal just under and City around 560 (although there are others associated with the City Group of clubs)
Everton? About 36 ….

Ratcliffe thinks he’s got him! Kev’s played a blinder here. This guy was on the news earlier saying it’s a done deal and he’s over to sign after helping to clear up after that bit of wind they’ve had in Jamaica.
F2B79FE6-F2E7-40F3-9512-10B80E40B6FA.webp

Men now saying branthwaite growing frustrated with everton not allowing move to happen, apparently 'sources' have reported it to be true.

Oooh Sources saucy sources

Men now saying branthwaite growing frustrated with everton not allowing move to happen, apparently 'sources' have reported it to be true.

Any frustration should be directed at his prospective new employers for being tightwads, for being unable/unwilling to conjure sufficient sums to compensate his current employers for breaking the long-term contract that he signed only recently early.

Idk maybe they should rummage down the back of the sofa to see if they have enough to fix the roof first.

Honestly if I’m arguably the best young defender in the country and a team who paid 80m for Maguire offered less than half that for me I’d be pretty frustrated with them rather than the club who gave me a smart loan in Eredivisie and then played me every game except opening day in my breakout season!

Honestly if I’m arguably the best young defender in the country and a team who paid 80m for Maguire offered less than half that for me I’d be pretty frustrated with them rather than the club who gave me a smart loan in Eredivisie and then played me every game except opening day in my breakout season!

I was questioning the validity of the claim that he's frustrated as a fabrication made to further engineer 'his'(the medias) dream move.

I agree with both replies

Said something similar when the original bid went in, doesn’t exactly speak of being their top target / first choice player or even that they’re that bothered, especially with the speed the De Ligt stuff came out.
All comes back to that crusty old lizard thinking anyone would fall over themselves to play for Utd, despite the absolute state they’re in.

Said something similar when the original bid went in, doesn’t exactly speak of being their top target / first choice player or even that they’re that bothered, especially with the speed the De Ligt stuff came out.
All comes back to that crusty old lizard thinking anyone would fall over themselves to play for Utd, despite the absolute state they’re in.
Yeah this isn’t like when a manager says ‘I must have this player he’s boss!’

What’s happened here is they identified a list of defenders and then their money guy ruled out the ‘known to be too expensive’ targets and then started at the top of the list and worked down. For some reason, they clearly didnt know Branthwaite is worth far more than their budget. When they did know, they immediately moved onto the next on the list

Not like, for example, when Ancelotti said he had to get James in and we made sure we got our man and made him feel loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back