2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this isn’t like when a manager says ‘I must have this player he’s boss!’

What’s happened here is they identified a list of defenders and then their money guy ruled out the ‘known to be too expensive’ targets and then started at the top of the list and worked down. For some reason, they clearly didnt know Branthwaite is worth far more than their budget. When they did know, they immediately moved onto the next on the list

Not like, for example, when Ancelotti said he had to get James in and we made sure we got our man and made him feel loved.
What happened is obvious. They thought we might need to sell because of PSR so they put in a low bid thinking we would probably say no we want 50 and then they would say 40 and we'd say 48 and they'd say 45 and we'd say OK. We didn't and said we want at least 60 and they've said we're not paying that but they're still interested and wondering if we'll change our minds at some point and accept less (which I wouldn't rule out). I don't think its anything like the massive drama some people are making it out to be it seems like a standard transfer saga.

Nervous about this move happening, Dan Ashworth is apparently clearing the decks with a few players being shipped out, Maguire and Lindleof are amongst them
I can see us taking £50m and top ups if they win this or that etc.
I really hope not, we need to steady the ship this season, no dramas and get settled for our move to the new ground.

Nervous about this move happening, Dan Ashworth is apparently clearing the decks with a few players being shipped out, Maguire and Lindleof are amongst the.
I really hope not, we need to steady the ship this season, no dramas and get settled for our move to the new ground.
Nope.

Let United sell their crud and we'll take £80m which is his value.

If not, see you January

Nervous about this move happening, Dan Ashworth is apparently clearing the decks with a few players being shipped out, Maguire and Lindleof are amongst them
Fear not Tony, this ashford fella is a press PR merchant put in place by the walking corpse radcliffe to scare us 'small clubs' into selling our treasures, not on our Dan's watch lad.

We know how difficult it is to clear decks. The guys they want to get rid of are on huge packages that they won’t get anywhere else. They have a contract with Man Utd. Utd will also want to receive transfer fees that not many clubs are in a position to pay.

The silence from our behalf leaves us open to this kind of nonsense. If we’re not selling, we need to release a strong statement to that affect, “not for sale this summer at any price”. That would put to bed this tiresome b0llocks. The fact we haven’t probably means we’re more than willing to sell and are just waiting for an increased offer nearer to our valuation.
Totally agree , same for lewin and onana . I think all three are gone personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back