Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Don’t envy the club with this one tbh. If we sell him people will be unhappy. If he winds down his contract people will be angry we didn’t sell him. If he renews people will be happy but if he breaks down again months into a lucrative 4 year deal the same people will want heads on a spike because they should’ve known that would happen.

Personally I’d take the money if money is on offer, but you need a buyer and a player ready to move. Most importantly we need clarity quickly.

Actually think the club have been very fair and respectful to him, its a great deal he has offered, his record is far from elite, his health is questionable and hes getting older - weve also backed him through a couple of difficult seasons.

The great value to him for the club is he costs us nothing in ammortiasation, its prob why we have offered him a bumper deal. Beto will cost significantly more then DCL even if he is our best paid player.

People like him and thats cool, but if he was really elite he wouldn't be here, he would be gone like already this summer or in seasons gone by - hes not elite in my opinion and he will be nothing but a back up option elsewhere in my opinion and he will regret moving, also think not playing regularly will mess with his health and he will beginning to pick up those niggly muscle injuries - he wont get the type of loyalty or in a way cult status he enjoys here - whether that status is justified or not is debatable. For example he was our joint top scorer last year with Doucoure (who wasn't on penalties) - and the Duke often gets a kicking. 46 other players scored more then him last season, - i think we are being more then fair with him and their should come a point when we move on in the best interests of the club..

Clarity at this stage is key, we need it or we need to freeze him out and move on.

If DCL was available as a [non-injured] free transfer next summer, he would almost certainly secure a higher contract than what we are likely to have offered him, based on our current pay structure (many clubs pay a lot more than the £100-120k bracket the likes of Gomes/Mina/Dele were in).

As a free agent, at 28 years old, in his peak years, it's entirely possible the likes of a Spurs or Newcastle or Chelsea or Villa would be keen to take him (possibly even an Arsenal or United at a stretch), and considering there's no transfer fee to pay, could very easily offer him £120k/150k/160k when you factor in the signing fee incorporated into the wages. These clubs all generate more revenue than we do so it's not a bank-breaking number for them to pay to a free agent.

This could be DCL's last chance to go to a club which will have regular European football, will be in the mix for trophies etc, and so he might be perfectly happy to be a squad player, playing every other week at one of the top clubs who -if he wasn't on a free- might never be interested in him.

No doubt mate, he will have suitors on a free, he wouldnt have in contract - but thats telling- thats due to turning a quick buck rather then genuinely wanting him - like Barkley or Ndiye at Marseille. The number i heard we offered was £130k a week, three years with an option of a fourth, i think that is very fair if true, weighing every thing up,- if he can do better and be an Alpha striker elsewhere - fair play. We all move on. The deal i heard actually made me pause - im not sure he is worth that - but given he cost us nothing, i can understand the clubs position. Ive no interest in his career trajectory beyond Everton once he walks out the doors - that's on him.

If he goes to the clubs you mention, he will just be a Beta back up, eventually end up like Barkley, just jobbing around via loans etc. Hes not elite and he will struggle away from here. If he wants to try something different, fair play, we all move on, I think we are being very fair with him - all that matters is the return if hes not signing- i think we put pressure on him to move now we have to clairty and give him a deadline - if hes winding down his contract, we move on squad wise if we aren't going to be able to build with him.

Hes not good enough or reliable enough to be leading the club a merry dance, we say thanks pragmatically and we all move on.

No doubt mate, he will have suitors on a free, he wouldnt have in contract - but thats telling- thats due to turning a quick buck rather then genuinely wanting him - like Barkley or Ndiye at Marseille. The number i heard we offered was £130k a week, three years with an option of a fourth, i think that is very fair if true, weighing every thing up,- if he can do better and be an Alpha striker elsewhere - fair play. We all move on. The deal i heard actually made me pause - im not sure he is worth that - but given he cost us nothing, i can understand the clubs position. Ive no interest in his career trajectory beyond Everton once he walks out the doors - that's on him.

If he goes to the clubs you mention, he will just be a Beta back up, eventually end up like Barkley, just jobbing around via loans etc. Hes not elite and he will struggle away from here. If he wants to try something different, fair play, we all move on, I think we are being very fair with him - all that matters is the return if hes not signing- i think we put pressure on him to move now we have to clairty and give him a deadline - if hes winding down his contract, we move on squad wise if we aren't going to be able to build with him.

Hes not good enough or reliable enough to be leading the club a merry dance, we say thanks pragmatically and we all move on.
Yep I would rather lose on a free then give him a 3 or 4 year deal on 100k + a week. The days of handing out those type of contracts have to be over for us for the next few years

Yep I would rather lose on a free then give him a 3 or 4 year deal on 100k + a week. The days of handing out those type of contracts have to be over for us for the next few years

Think the clubs position would be,130k a week is 6.7 mill a year, as he has no ammonisation mate.

Signing another stiker for 30 mill and then giving them 100k a year would cost us 11.2 mill a year.

Big question would be would the extra money give us a better and more reliable player or not.

Mitigating youd prob get say Adebayo for 12 - 15 mill - on 80k a week, who scored more goals in less games then Dom last season.

Think the clubs position would be,130k a week is 6.7 mill a year, as he has no ammonisation mate.

Signing another stiker for 30 mill and then giving them 100k a year would cost us 11.2 mill a year.

Big question would be would the extra money give us a better and more reliable player or not.

Mitigating youd prob get say Adebayo for 12 - 15 mill - on 80k a week, who scored more goals in less games then Dom last season.
If we've offered to make this joker our highest paid player at £130k for the next 3 or 4 years then this club has learned absolutely nothing and deserves to spend the foreseeable future treading water as a rudderless, going-nowhere club.

It's one thing for a top team to take him as a freebie squad player on that money, but for us and our limited resources to shackle ourselves to a first choice striker who averages about 7 goals a year is utter madness.

I'd be more than happy to let him leave, and re-invest the saved wages from him and the other dead wood like Keane & Holgate into an actual, semi-competent striker who can score more than a handful each year, doesn't miss chance after chance after chance, and doesn't go 20 games without a goal. If we honestly cannot find an upgrade on that, then we have no business pretending we're past the clownclub era.

It is short term thinking. You give it to him and then somebody else wants it. Do Brighton or Brentford have anybody on £100k + a week? We needs to cut our cloth accordingly until we get the debts under control and increase our revenues

Wait, Maypay is still an Everton player ????

Not even that upset, watched a video compilation of him winding up opposition fans and players the other day and now like him despite him not being to kick a ball very well.

You wouldn't need to pay Adebayo anything like £80k a week. He'll be on about £20k a week at Luton, so you're probably looking at doubling that

Doubt they'd think twice if they had better - but it's Beto, Maupay or Chermiti.

NDiaye but he means whole different way of playing i expect.
Chermiti is a kid brought in for the future, Maupay is probably the worst signing ever made, and Beto came here having scored 22 in 65 for Udinese but never gets more than his token ten minute run outs at the end of games because Dyche wants DCL every time. Being the best pick of a bad bunch is not a positive. We should be looking to bring in a top No9 not cling on to a guy who averages 7 goals a year.

Chermiti is a kid brought in for the future, Maupay is probably the worst signing ever made, and Beto came here having scored 22 in 65 for Udinese but never gets more than his token ten minute run outs at the end of games because Dyche wants DCL every time. Being the best pick of a bad bunch is not a positive. We should be looking to bring in a top No9 not cling on to a guy who averages 7 goals a year.
Beto is rubbish. Falls over, never has the ball under control, and misses the opportunities he does get.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back