2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a lot better in all honesty.

Now get the squad filled up Kev, you raging kopite

Kev's off now till Monday.

200w.gif

That takes the deal over Villas previous £52mil transfer record.

Ndaiye ACM
Garner , Gana CM

I'd sell Doucoure right now
Irogbumbum will be a long term project not a regular starter.
Dele could break down again at any time.

So we do need to replace Onana & I suspect we will.

N'Diaye looks a gamble to me.

Gana had 6 games at the end of the season, the rest i found him below average. Did he just turn it on for an extension?

Garner average and can improve, I like him but hes not a top starter.

Iroegbunam at 21 doesnt feel like a long term project to me. QPR he did well and was highly rated. Same as N'diaye where nothing good happened last season.

Were now linked with Lindstrom, another who had a poor last season.

These moves arent ones id be making.

If that's the case 55m with a sell-on feels pretty reasonable.

If the sell on goes through, im shellshocked its below Lavia and just clears over the Ugarte fee.

Selling Dobbin to Villa in a PSR swap for Iroegbunam is one thing but £50mil for far and away our best midfielder still only 22 is another.
"Far & away our best midfielder" ?????

From a very low bar he'd be 3rd best , Gana & Garner were consistently better than him.

Don't get me wrong the lad has all the attributes to make it to the top , but he does not have the application. We have seen odd half decent performances but they were very very rare. Never once in 2 years did we see him take any game & dominate it .

So good luck to the lad , I'm sure we can get a better more consistent player in his position.

That takes the deal over Villas previous £52mil transfer record.

N'Diaye looks a gamble to me.

Gana had 6 games at the end of the season, the rest i found him below average. Did he just turn it on for an extension?

Garner average and can improve, I like him but hes not a top starter.

Iroegbunam at 21 doesnt feel like a long term project to me. QPR he did well and was highly rated. Same as N'diaye where nothing good happened last season.

Were now linked with Lindstrom, another who had a poor last season.

These moves arent ones id be making.

If the sell on goes through, im shellshocked its below Lavia and just clears over the Ugarte fee.
The market we are in the players you quote are the ones we need atm.
If you want the finished article or close to it you need a huge budget.
Until the ownership is sorted and the FFP crap doesn't hinder us it is what it is.

Kev continues to do wonders selling players. I remember when we would sell players for pennies compared to what we paid. Now we have gotten 100m+ for Onana, Dobbin, and the last year of Iwobi, Godfrey and Gray. If we can bring in some decent players I would be surprised if the Friedkin group wants to move on from Kev. Even just keeping him around for negotiating sales appears to be well worth it.

I'm ok selling players are long as the fees are market value or above.

Selling Dobbin to Villa in a PSR swap for Iroegbunam is one thing but £50mil for far and away our best midfielder still only 22 is another.

If we had sold DCL to Newcastle in the other PSR deal at £35mil it would have meant nothing as it was just a swap for Minteh.

But if Newcastle come in for him again and we can get £30mil+ i'd be laughing.

These fees have to be used to improve the 11 with younger players to develop and build a long term team.
Agreed…it’s just the fact that Villa and Newcastle invested sensibly and mad the correct decisions / appointments which has allowed them get Champions League….at feat we have been unsuccessful at since 2004 (even if we didn’t qualify for the league)…that allows them a little more comfort room financially speaking - a little jealousy on my part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.