2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joao Palhinha is 29 years old. When many wanted us to sign Nunes (when we were linked) i said Palhinha was the superior player.

Not sure which 'Carlos' you mean?

I also have been saying we should bring in Wharton for the best part of 2 years.

Comparing Onana at 22 with Palhinha at 29 i see the following:

A: Bayern can watch Palhinha week in week out playing DM. They see Onana out of position as a CM.

B: Do clubs take a chance on Onana based on his Belgium form and the odd game where he's used as a DM with us?

C: Why would a £47.5mil 29 year old signing make sense for Bayern over a 22 year old £50mil player? They cant take any chances due to failures last season and need an instant impact player.

Does the Onana fee make sense at all?
Palhinha £47.5mil 29years old
Caicedo £115mil
Lavia £58mil
Onana £50mil !?!?!?!?
If £50 million is such a bargain price for Onana how come no elite teams have come in for him ?

Do any of your ridiculous spreadsheets include the stat ‘number of forward passes…0’? Because if not then big oil is incorrect saying ‘no one passes forward’
I really try to give you the benefit of the doubt sometimes that you can handle very limited rhetoric and not default to taking everything as literally as possible and somehow you tend to always let that faith down.

It won't be him he will be a work in progress.
There will be a replacement brought in , of that I have no doubt.

Depending on formations etc, this is how we look imo

ACM: N'diaye / Dele
CM: Doucoure / Gana / Garner / Iroegbunam

Now Onana has moved on we still have 6 players for 3 positions. I've shifted Doucoure back just so its 2 players for each position, he played DM under Ancelotti.

Iroegbunam is 21 which is a year older than Onana when he joined the club.

How do you feel about that central area if we go with that?

Are you really sure about this:

Total progressive distance of passing: 3rd worst
View attachment 264480

Number of short passes: 4th worst
View attachment 264481

Medium distance passes: 2nd worst
View attachment 264482

Progressive distance of passing (i.e forward passes): 3rd worst
View attachment 264484

Number of long balls: NUMERO UNO
View attachment 264485

So yes, @TheBigIguana is correct
Yes, but between Gueye, Onana and Doucoure, we didn’t have consistently composed passing in the middle despite some good positions being picked up. Simple passes would be under hit or miscued so much. I’m not saying we’ll turn into prime Barca by replacing one of these players…but I do think the hoofball was as much a result of personnel as well as Dyche. So long as we have Pickford and DCL, we will go long. But I’m tentatively optimistic that with some tweaks to the team and some different options, we can start to vary the attack and see more success.

McNeil’s goal against Forest was a lovely move…hopefully Ndiaye can be the creative guy we’ve been crying out for in the middle!

Pace in the side would also really unlock some of the passing lanes…

Not in anything I can find.

GRLPvt-XMAElWty

GRFiXFWXAAAulsF

GRJ5k5dWoAAgEgt
GRKuOi9XcAAwbDD

It was in Zat's group stage best 11 goat and his opinion is superior to any stat out there.

Joao Palhinha is 29 years old. When many wanted us to sign Nunes (when we were linked) i said Palhinha was the superior player.

Not sure which 'Carlos' you mean?

I also have been saying we should bring in Wharton for the best part of 2 years.

Comparing Onana at 22 with Palhinha at 29 i see the following:

A: Bayern can watch Palhinha week in week out playing DM. They see Onana out of position as a CM.

B: Do clubs take a chance on Onana based on his Belgium form and the odd game where he's used as a DM with us?

C: Why would a £47.5mil 29 year old signing make sense for Bayern over a 22 year old £50mil player? They cant take any chances due to failures last season and need an instant impact player.

Does the Onana fee make sense at all?
Palhinha £47.5mil 29years old
Caicedo £115mil
Lavia £58mil
Onana £50mil !?!?!?!?
Have you seen him play. He wasn’t even in the side for the run in.
He has a huge ceiling but you can’t play for elite teams if you want to stroll around the pitch playing at half speed and waving your arms to try and get the fans singing?

I feel this is a good move for everyone - we get 50m for a player who wasn’t even a nailed on starter, Villa get a player who’ll suit their style of play, Onana will probably do well there too.

Hasn't produced those ratings for us

Actually he has.
PL:

Games: 30
Avarge mins per game: 70
Avarage rating: 7.06
Pass completion: 85%
Tackeles pg: 2.3
Ball recoveries pg: 5.8
Clearances pg: 0.8
Duels won: 66%

EFL Cup:

Games: 4
Avarge mins per game: 84
Avarage rating: 7.30
Pass completion: 81%
Tackeles pg: 2.4
Ball recoveries pg: 5.3
Clearances pg: 1
Duels won: 66%
Interceptions pg: 2
Goals: 1
Assists: 1

Also please remember that 3 of the 4 clubs we played in the League cup were PL teams.

I really try to give you the benefit of the doubt sometimes that you can handle very limited rhetoric and not default to taking everything as literally as possible and somehow you tend to always let that faith down.

All that’s happened here is Everton bought a young player from Lille for 30 mill, played him for 2 years in the first team, in that time he became a regular for Belgium and even captined them, and we’ve now sold him for 50 mill. Yet you’ve used what is a relatively positive player trading story for Everton as an angle to bring up your agenda against the manager. Its not the people reading your binary language too literally that’s the problem here, just take a day off from having a pop at Everton for once.

Have you seen him play. He wasn’t even in the side for the run in.
He has a huge ceiling but you can’t play for elite teams if you want to stroll around the pitch playing at half speed and waving your arms to try and get the fans singing?

No ive never seen him play. Or we must be talking about different players.

Onana wasnt on the pitch at all during the run in when he bossed Sheffield United and Arsenals midfields.

He was also subbed in for the other games when Gana put in 6 top notch performances after a below average at best season -- to get his contract extended.

Have you seen him play as a midfield anchor? His actual position.

Why would he have been in l'equipe's team of the euros group stages do you think?

Do you know what a midfield anchor is? How many of them have successfully moved into a central midfield role successfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back