2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate you were always way off expecting £70 million minimum. He’s done nothing to warrant such a fee, as has just been proven.

I cant believe we're selling him for this fee...its incredibly poor when you look at the comparables. Not only in England but Europe.

Always thought it was us he couldn't be arsed playing for...till i saw the Euros.

Yes being in "Best team of the group stage" and rated consistently 2nd behind De Bruyne in the Belgian team certainly supports your view.

I cant believe we're selling him for this fee...its incredibly poor when you look at the comparables. Not only in England but Europe.

Yes being in "Best team of the group stage" and rated consistently 2nd behind De Bruyne in the Belgian team certainly supports your view.

If any club in world football valued him higher then they would bid more! You can’t sell a player for more than someone will pay.

He wanted to leave, he’s got his wish. Up to £50 million is more than decent.

Can’t really take you seriously when you’ve said we don’t pass forward and only hoof it. A rather simplistic binary view of a complicated game.
Are you really sure about this:

Total progressive distance of passing: 3rd worst
IMG_3263.webp

Number of short passes: 4th worst
IMG_3262.webp

Medium distance passes: 2nd worst
IMG_3261.webp

Progressive distance of passing (i.e forward passes): 3rd worst
IMG_3259.webp

Number of long balls: NUMERO UNO
IMG_3260.webp

So yes, @TheBigIguana is correct

Attachments

• IMG_3259.webp
    IMG_3259.webp
    163.7 KB · Views: 10
If any club in world football valued him higher then they would bid more! You can’t sell a player for more than someone will pay.

He wanted to leave, he’s got his wish. Up to £50 million is more than decent.

Lets see how Iroegbunam does replacing him. Hopefully he turns out a better player.

Joao Palhinha is 29 years old. When many wanted us to sign Nunes (when we were linked) i said Palhinha was the superior player.

Not sure which 'Carlos' you mean?

I also have been saying we should bring in Wharton for the best part of 2 years.

Comparing Onana at 22 with Palhinha at 29 i see the following:

A: Bayern can watch Palhinha week in week out playing DM. They see Onana out of position as a CM.

B: Do clubs take a chance on Onana based on his Belgium form and the odd game where he's used as a DM with us?

C: Why would a £47.5mil 29 year old signing make sense for Bayern over a 22 year old £50mil player? They cant take any chances due to failures last season and need an instant impact player.

Does the Onana fee make sense at all?
Palhinha £47.5mil 29years old
Caicedo £115mil
Lavia £58mil
Onana £50mil !?!?!?!?
Have you sign up for Villa forum yet?
You’d enjoy a season long argument with them after a couple of games.

I mean the word only is a word you’ve introduced here not me. When we’re talking style there is obviously a mixing of everything and what we’re discussing mostly is how much we twist one dial versus the others. We go to the long ball more than basically anyone. It doesn’t mean we only do that, but I think it’s rather ridiculous to argue we aren’t going to it a lot. Bringing up that Newcastle goal to defend it kind of makes that point as I truly believe you’re smarter than to think a one minute spell defines a team.

You said ‘no one in our team passes forward’ and then when you were challenged on that you replied ‘we don’t, we hoof’.

Only one of us introduced binary statements here.

No one is arguing we’re good at playing it from the back, but this picture you’re trying to create all the time that Dyche’s teams don’t play any football is just erroneous. More than one way to play football

Are you really sure about this:

Total progressive distance of passing: 3rd worst
View attachment 264480

Number of short passes: 4th worst
View attachment 264481

Medium distance passes: 2nd worst
View attachment 264482

Progressive distance of passing (i.e forward passes): 3rd worst
View attachment 264484

Number of long balls: NUMERO UNO
View attachment 264485

So yes, @TheBigIguana is correct

Do any of your ridiculous spreadsheets include the stat ‘number of forward passes…0’? Because if not then big oil is incorrect saying ‘no one passes forward’

You said ‘no one in our team passes forward’ and then when you were challenged on that you replied ‘we don’t, we hoof’.

Only one of us introduced binary statements here.

No one is arguing we’re good at playing it from the back, but this picture you’re trying to create all the time that Dyche’s teams don’t play any football is just erroneous. More than one way to play football
I agree! I’ve said multiple times this doesn’t have to be a bad thing.

But we go long a lot, and we don’t have players who pass forward well because the manager has set the team up to play that way. You’re arguing that the sky isn’t blue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back