Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure tbh bud. I don't think we'll get £30m for him. Maybe £20m? Could still end up at Newcastle if they shifted say a Wilson.

It seems quite mad from him. If its not a top side where perhaps he has less game time but experiences being at a club winning every week then the other positive option would be to go overseas.

Its strange to want to go from being 1st choice 9 to clearly a back up if he stays in England.

He's not going to be the 1st choice Centre Forward at any club bigger than Everton.

It'll be either a side ways step or a lower club. Maybe a chance abroad.
His options seem to be very limited atm.

Needs sorting asap for all parties involved.
He wouldn't automatically be first choice here if we didn't sign donkeys every year.

If we had signed gyokerers last year for example we'd all be packing his bags for him

I think the rigours and demands of the Premier League are just too much for his body and possibly his mental aptitude, so a move overseas to say Germany, Italy or France would suit him. A top 6 side here is out of the question and other suitors are likley put off by his injury history.
He's backed himself into a bit of a cul-de-sac by not signing a contract.....the incoming interest doesnt seem to have materialised and it seems he's alienated himself somewhat to Evertonians by not wanting to play for us.
Shame it's gone like it has, but thats football.
Ultimately, for me, he's not an Everton Number 9. That said, I really don't know who would be these days.

I think the rigours and demands of the Premier League are just too much for his body and possibly his mental aptitude, so a move overseas to say Germany, Italy or France would suit him. A top 6 side here is out of the question and other suitors are likley put off by his injury history.
He's backed himself into a bit of a cul-de-sac by not signing a contract.....the incoming interest doesnt seem to have materialised and it seems he's alienated himself somewhat to Evertonians by not wanting to play for us.
Shame it's gone like it has, but thats football.
Ultimately, for me, he's not an Everton Number 9. That said, I really don't know who would be these days.

Pretty much this. Where is he going to start compared to where he is now?

Such a shame that he didnt go to Newcastle. We'd be in a great position with him out and Minteh in.

We should be looking towards Chelsea and swap deals next - not for their centre forwards :)

It seems quite mad from him. If its not a top side where perhaps he has less game time but experiences being at a club winning every week then the other positive option would be to go overseas.

Its strange to want to go from being 1st choice 9 to clearly a back up if he stays in England.
Assuming it's an English team where else is he going to go to be a starter?

West Ham is a possibility I suppose. Wolves have just signed a new CF. Fulham maybe and then you are down to the promoted teams .

Unless he's happy to be a squad player I just don't see where he goes.

West Ham is a possibility I suppose. Wolves have just signed a new CF. Fulham maybe and then you are down to the promoted teams .

Wonder what his motivation is...

Be happy if he signs, if he doesnt 20 mill and would wish him well and move on.

Be happy if he signs, if he doesnt 20 mill and would wish him well and move on.
would it not depend on the contract though?

if it's a reasonable contract then happy days, but reports are suggesting it's a very lucrative deal, handing massive contracts to underperforming players is one of the reasons why we had points taken off us last season

would it not depend on the contract though?

if it's a reasonable contract then happy days, but reports are suggesting it's a very lucrative deal, handing massive contracts to underperforming players is one of the reasons why we had points taken off us last season
Agreed but dont anyone we could sign for under 20 mill who does what dom does for us when fully fit and doin what dyche expects of a number 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back