2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway back on topic
I agree. We also have to plan without him if he doesn't want to be here. Possible but more likely a system change so we can move on from him
He's averaged about six or seven goals a season, let him go and get someone who can find the net on a regular basis, and who will probably stay fit.

He's not used properly and constantly fed scraps of play. With decent crossers of a ball and better midfield build up allowing him to remain in the box, he'd be better.

He'd be more effective as the hoofball target man under dyche except our other wide attackers dont even get close to support/benefit from him

Apparently won't sign a new deal.
Apparently wants to be sold.
Apparently we want £30m.
Apparently no one has bid so far.

Think that's where we sit.

You mean no one has bid after Newcastle / Minteh drama?

Im still gutted about that :(

Where do you think he'll end up?

Apparently won't sign a new deal.
Apparently wants to be sold.
Apparently we want £30m.
Apparently no one has bid so far.

Think that's where we sit.
If this is all true, then we will have to eventually lower our asking price.

Anything over 20m is too much money to turn down for a player who could leave for free in 11 months. And 20-22m in July could be much more helpful than 25m towards the transfer deadline.

Basically, we need a decision from the player asap. Do you want to stay and sign a contract, or do you want to leave. And if we don't receive an answer very soon, we have to assume he wants to leave.

If this is all true, then we will have to eventually lower our asking price.

Anything over 20m is too much money to turn down for a player who could leave for free in 11 months. And 20-22m in July could be much more helpful than 25m towards the transfer deadline.

Basically, we need a decision from the player asap. Do you want to stay and sign a contract, or do you want to leave. And if we don't receive an answer very soon, we have to assume he wants to leave.
That contract has been on the table for months. Back off his break now, still not signed. If he does decide to sign up and stay, it’s purely because he doesn’t get the flurry of offers he was expecting. Not sure how I’d feel about that. I really like Dom too. While all players have the right to be in it for themselves, I want players who are desperate to be “Everton’s number 9.” He will get even less patience from some fans if he clearly has to just settle for staying.

Make plans for him to go, and help him get the best deal for him and us asap. Though I expect the best he will get is something like Toneys replacement at Brentford. We simply cannot afford to be scratching round for a fat slow journeyman on deadline day to be our first choice striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.