2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, what an embarrassing response to my post. I'll leave you guys to your little celebration(?). Incredible. :lol:
It happens to us all mate when we fall from the top table.

You’ve had a good run, juts hope it doesn’t do you what it did to us.

Yeah Manure seem very butthurt over it all. The weird reports they tried to spread yesterday of Everton "being surprised" that they were working to buy someone else scream of that insecurity. Seems they want to portray some strange idea of Everton desperate to sell, but turning down the offers anyway, and now Manure have played them by moving on and buying another player, when we were sure they would come back and offer again for the player we told them we dont want to sell.

Comes off incredibly childish, but seems their "fans" have eaten it up.

I don’t mind the lowball bids. Jim shoulda just kept his mouth shut. Made a fool of himself. He looks a much weaker owner now after the Yoro transfer regardless of how it turns out. Wouldn’t be surprised if they continue to get skinned on transfers

I don’t mind the lowball bids. Jim shoulda just kept his mouth shut. Made a fool of himself. He looks a much weaker owner now after the Yoro transfer regardless of how it turns out. Wouldn’t be surprised if they continue to get skinned on transfers
What it's communicated to me is that if you don't want to lose a player to United, you just have to say no twice - and then Ratcliffe will reflexively pivot to any player he can instantly get his hands on and overpay for them instead. Because that will show us.

The guy is a strategic genius.

One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen during my time. A set of fans being accused of being 'gutted' because their prized asset hasn't been sold.

It's because these clueless Mancs have been sent packing back down the East Lancs with their tales very much between their legs after embarrassing themselves with those pathetic bids so they're trying to change the narrative to attempt to save face.

It appears Branthwaite is hardly beating the door down to get to the club with the holey roof which I suppose says it all. Perhaps their mid-table finish and minus goal difference last season has something to do with it.

They've attempted to bully us and massively failed and now the toys are flying out of their prams.

Once upon a time United could get top players at a click of a finger. Those days are now over.

Last edited:
I don't know any Evertonian who wanted to sell him.

We should keep him. Would have sold for 90 odd million if he wanted to go but would have took much more than they paid for Maguire.

One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen during my time. A set of fans being accused of being 'gutted' because their prized asset hasn't been sold.

It's because these clueless Mancs have been sent packing back down the East Lancs with their tales very much between their legs after embarrassing themselves with those pathetic bids so they're trying to change the narrative to attempt to save face.

It appears Branthwaite is hardly beating the door down to get to the club with the holey roof which I suppose says it all. Perhaps their mid-table finish and minus goal difference last season has something to do with it.

They've attempted to bully us and massively failed and now the toys are flying out of their prams.

Once upon a time United could get top players at a click of a finger. Those days are now over.

Lets not forget the potential owner isnt Dan Friedkin directly (worth billions), its his company which have far more capital.

It would make little sense for the new owners to somewhat 'alienate' a section of the fanbase by selling the superstar young centre back not far off the new stadium.

Get through this period until the deal goes through and I hope the club builds on top of Branthwaite, they have the money so why wouldnt they?

Their idea must surely be to turn us into a top team or else why bother...

United are playing the classic ‘pretending to not be bothered, they’re the ones bothered’ shtick because they tried to be tight arsed thinking we’d be that desperate only to find that the club showed its balls despite every media outlet twisting narratives, so overpaid on a kid with 1 year left on his deal and acted like they’ve somehow got a better deal

Even funnier is Brent’s web show/podcast thingy posting on X that United have somehow got us and the RS ‘on strings’ over it when both sets of fans are laughing their arses of over their gullibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.