Expectations for the season

Where you think this squad should finish

• Total voters
Onana wasn't great, he never played any of the games we won near the end of the season, we haven't sold DCL and Branthwaite so there's not much point in using them in an argument for us being weaker, if we go full Kenwright and sell them on deadline with no time left to sign a replacement I'll agree with you but for now
Ndiaye and Iroegbunam in... Onana out
We are better now than last season.
Iroegbnam is hugely unknown. Given the fact villa shifted him for dobbin suggests he is borderline quality at the moment. We have have sold dobbin, Godfrey and onana.
Agree we will have to see, and I agree that onana was a questionable quality for us, but he is still a 50m player.

Still think its mad that people are saying as fact that this is an improved squad on last year - with Coleman, Young and Gana a year older.

Godfrey, Dobbin, Gomes, Onana, Danjuma out the door. Myko and Patto injured and seemingly no kids coming through.

Attack is improved with NDiaye. Tim is an unknown and Jack was here already.

I mean - its a cheaper squad, attack is improved a bit - but better overall ?

Iroegbnam is hugely unknown. Given the fact villa shifted him for dobbin suggests he is borderline quality at the moment. We have have sold dobbin, Godfrey and onana.
Agree we will have to see, and I agree that onana was a questionable quality for us, but he is still a 50m player.
That deal was done for mutual financial benefit, I wouldn't read too much into it being Villa wanting to move him on because he's borderline.. both sides got a good deal.

Still think its mad that people are saying as fact that this is an improved squad on last year - with Coleman, Young and Gana a year older.

Godfrey, Dobbin, Gomes, Onana, Danjuma out the door. Myko and Patto injured and seemingly no kids coming through.

Attack is improved with NDiaye. Tim is an unknown and Jack was here already.

I mean - its a cheaper squad, attack is improved a bit - but better overall ?
Good, apart from Onana who had ability but was inconsistent and didn't make himself important to us I'm glad the rest are gone.

That deal was done for mutual financial benefit, I wouldn't read too much into it being Villa wanting to move him on because he's borderline.. both sides got a good deal.
Agree with this. But I guess I’m saying dobbin is board line and Iroegbnam is likely to be similar

There to be won!

If we don't get any further points deductions and a few of the others get them (Leicester I'm looking at you), then we should be away from relegation concerns so I expect a boring mid table finish.

Dare I say it ... our 38th transitional season in a row!

There to be won!

If we don't get any further points deductions and a few of the others get them (Leicester I'm looking at you), then we should be away from relegation concerns so I expect a boring mid table finish.

Dare I say it ... our 38th transitional season in a row!
After the last couple of seasons i would happily take that

I'm hopeful we'll be ok. We've kept what was good last season (defence and keeper) and hopefully will improve what was bad (attacking midfielders).

Not expecting miracles but hopefully a less stressful season.

It obviously depends on final transfers but on paper these are the teams with a better squad than us I think. I stress on paper because it then becomes about managerial skill, injuries etc. which can of course change the league table. It never finishes purely based on squad strength (e.g us finishing ahead of Leicester)

City, Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Villa, Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Fulham, Brighton

This also doesn’t mean we don’t have people in the first 11 better than some of these teams but it’s about overall squad strength. Pickford Branthwaite Tarkowski is a back 3 that few in the bottom half can match, but their immediate subs are Virginia Keane Holgate, plenty of teams have far higher quality backup options.

I put us in between Wolves and Forest, not much in it in that group 13th-15th. I then think there’s 4 teams in the three promoted and Brentford who I wouldn’t swap our squad for.

So 13th/14th is par for me (as things stand, obviously if we sell Branthwaite and DCL and don’t replace that might change, the same if we buy Gnonto and others and don’t sell). I’m hopeful though that Dyche can get us ahead of Brighton and Fulham and pushing Palace and West Ham.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.