2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most will be made up now, the hate for him from many was very OTT.

Was probably that pen that did it.
Nothing to do with hate, I personally couldn’t understand the way he was over hyped and over rated by many on here and the penalty had no influence in the way I thought of him, he was an average player who thought he was a lot better than he was. For those interested watch how he performs at Villa——I like Villa and their fans so I hope he doesn’t disappoint them too much!

As a general point I think that when a player leaves a club if they have nothing good to say then say nothing.

Onana really has not been so good for club or country that he can talk about what he has achieved, Villa have spent their money on potential.

Yeah well I suppose he was bought under Lampard who wanted to play a different style.

Tbh I stopped caring about players leaving a while ago. They all leave one way or another! Although Richy hurt.

As a general point I think that when a player leaves a club if they have nothing good to say then say nothing.

Onana really has not been so good for club or country that he can talk about what he has achieved, Villa have spent their money on potential.
Personally prefer them to give us a proper lashing as we deserve it

I agree with Onana a bit to be honest.

He played a disciplined role in the team as a 6 in defensive midfield, I don’t think he’s really a defensive midfielder at al,, I actually think he’s more box to box 8, think the role dictated he had to curb his natural game a bit - think we will see that more elsewhere

He played a disciplined role in the team as a 6 in defensive midfield, I don’t think he’s really a defensive midfielder at al,, I actually think he’s more box to box 8, think the role dictated he had to curb his natural game a bit - think we will see that more elsewhere
lampard said that when he bought him

but good players stand out ..

just not at us!

The bits i caught at the Euros he looked deeper and more central and even more defensive. Thought that Mangala looked more like the 8 when he featured.

Difference is, they have McGinn who will pull up trees for his team mates so I imagine he will flourish because there will be less responsibility.

Can forgive the pen miss and don't think the abuse he got was fair, can't forgive him going off laughing against Chelsea when they were hanging us out to dry. Would put him in the category of Alex Iwobi and Demarai Gray, bags of potential but lazy. The fact is these recruitments led to relegation scraps, not the players who know they're not perfect and graft for results.

Can forgive the pen miss and don't think the abuse he got was fair, can't forgive him going off laughing against Chelsea when they were hanging us out to dry. Would put him in the category of Alex Iwobi and Demarai Gray, bags of potential but lazy. The fact is these recruitments led to relegation scraps, not the players who know they're not perfect and graft for results.

Fir me he was a player who turned it on a couple if times a game for ten minutes or so but who largely was in second gear the rest. Question is was that him not being that bothered or more likely just the type of player he'll always be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.