2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he will be more effective as a footballer if the ball isn't sailing over his head most of the time. I wish him well, the whole idea was to make a profit, is that not the model we strive for? Get them young and in a couple of seasons move on for profit.

The only thing I find strange is moving to Villa, they aren't among the so called elite teams he professed to want to join. Anyway, the two seasons he was here were a shitshow and it made all the midfielders look poor imo.

Hopefully we are ready to reinvest as we're short.

Generally very happy as they have lost (or are losing) a lot of critical players - Douglas Luiz to Juventus for £42m, Diaby to Saudi for £50m, Duran to West Ham for £35-40m. Kamara still injured until December.

So they are accepting that they might have overpaid by £5-10m but it's worth it to bolster the first team.

yeah, happy with it. I've seen a lot of critical reviews on him here, but similarly you couldn't find Leicester fans having anything good to say about Tielemans after his last season there before we picked him up. He's nit coming ads a starter necessarily - although probably will with Kamara still out injured, but even then he's competing with McGinn, Tielemans, Barrenechea, Ramsey, Barkley, Buendia, Rogers for two or maybe 3 positions. I'd still expect us to pick up another number 8 or 10 type player to also compete in that area.

Our biggest problem last year was once Kamara was injured that meant Luiz had to sit deeper as did McGinn which changed the way we played. Once our midfield balance was disrupted last season we were never the same team and the signing of Onana gives us more scope to protect against that potential disruption.

I thought he was good, and had we not been in such a mental state as a club, we'd be basing our entire team around the likes of him and Branthwaite. Good luck to him at Villa, hope they finish above Chelsea and United again.

Capable, but not the final cut diamond yet. Shown enough to turn Emerys head and will eventually be a stat merchants dream profile.

So, naughty boy or Abba... ?

Amadou, I was defeated you won the war

yeah, happy with it. I've seen a lot of critical reviews on him here, but similarly you couldn't find Leicester fans having anything good to say about Tielemans after his last season there before we picked him up. He's nit coming ads a starter necessarily - although probably will with Kamara still out injured, but even then he's competing with McGinn, Tielemans, Barrenechea, Ramsey, Barkley, Buendia, Rogers for two or maybe 3 positions. I'd still expect us to pick up another number 8 or 10 type player to also compete in that area.

Our biggest problem last year was once Kamara was injured that meant Luiz had to sit deeper as did McGinn which changed the way we played. Once our midfield balance was disrupted last season we were never the same team and the signing of Onana gives us more scope to protect against that potential disruption.
I’d say he’s better than Kamara and Luiz as well so that’s nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back