2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it won't be long before Villa just aren't good enough for him to play well.
What are you suggesting? That he downed tools? He did play well for Everton at times, not amazing but he wasn't awful. He'll do fine under a manager who wants to play football.

'lacked effort' 'had a attitude problem' 'doesn't care' are the shouts i heared a lot. Absolutely zero evidence to back up those claims of course, other than a absolutely stupid pen but he was still getting unfair criticism way before that.

Why can't people simply say they don't rate him instead coming out with lies about someone who seems like a decent fella? I would say why but i'll get banned.

There's this.

He didn't show his worth here, however, whether it was him or the style of the play doesn't really matter. We're not changing our style this season, need players who fit to it.

I'm suggesting it'll always be somebody else's fault when he doesn't hit the heights that he's supposedly capable of.
It's not his or Dyches fault that he doesn't suit our style. We do bypass the midfield most of the time and link up play is non existent with Doucoure in the 10 and a striker who's isolated.

He looks decent for Belgian, not seen many of their fans make claims that he's awful etc, seen quite a few who rate him tbh

It's not his or Dyches fault that he doesn't suit our style. We do bypass the midfield most of the time and link up play is non existent with Doucoure in the 10 and a striker who's isolated.

He looks decent for Belgian, not seen many of their fans make claims that he's awful etc, seen quite a few who rate him tbh
I don’t think he looks to get on the ball enough for Belgium either and I think he’s one of the reasons they can’t hold possession against the better teams.

I don’t think he looks to get on the ball enough for Belgium either and I think he’s one of the reasons they can’t hold possession against the better teams.
I don't agree that he doesn't look to get on the ball. We'll find out if he's any good under a world class manager, if he's underwhelming for them he might just not be the player I and others think he is.

He looks fine for them, same as he mostly does for Everton.

He's just an alright player, nothing more.

Sorry mate messed my reply up there, just to take you up on your post surely tactics are down to dyche. By passing midfield, link up play.

I don't agree that he doesn't look to get on the ball. We'll find out if he's any good under a world class manager, if he's underwhelming for them he might just not be the player I and others think he is.
I was watching him for Belgium throughout the tournament and desperate for him to do well.

Hugely disappointed by the number of times he turned his back and walked into positions where he couldn’t receive the ball.

As a 6, it’s part of the job to support the player in possession.

You could make the argument he’s told to do this at Everton and blame Dyche, I just don’t think he’s a top level 6.

I think he’s a pretty good player in all of the midfield roles without being exceptionally good at any of them.

Did ok, don't think hes improved since being here so a profit is a bonus. Wish him well but feel we can easily replace what he added to our team for half is initial cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.