Now we know we’ve no divine right to be in the top flight…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think ultimately the Benitez appointment is what nearly killed us off simply because it created a huge toxicity in the fanbase which I reckon spread to the players. We only just about recovered after Lampard was appointed and the fans decided to really rally behind the team in the last 8 weeks.

Going forward we really need to maintain the same type of support. Swerve all of the gross negativity whenever we hit a bad patch.
I don't necessarily think it was that entirely. We've just made bad choice after bad choice for years and the fanbase has been waiting for SOMETHING to go correct only for the club to choose the most decisive manager they honestly could have. Which, after writing, is kind of what you wrote as well lol.

I am still struggling to understand how anyone would say "Yeah that Fat Spanish Waiter fella is the answer to our already lingering problems. He's hired!".

It's was so confounding and out of touch. He was set up to fail unless he could perform a miracle. He clearly wasn't the one for such a feat. Rather he iced out Hamez and then sold Digne while playing an ugly and failed style.

It's like he knew he could only fail and accelerated the process.

I am still struggling to understand how anyone would say "Yeah that Fat Spanish Waiter fella is the answer to our already lingering problems. He's hired!".

It's was so confounding and out of touch. He was set up to fail unless he could perform a miracle. He clearly wasn't the one for such a feat. Rather he iced out Hamez and then sold Digne while playing an ugly and failed style.

It's like he knew he could only fail and accelerated the process.

You’ll have to ask our glorious leader what the logic was on that one.

Supporters didnt play a big part of getting us near the bottom of the league...that roadmap goes - Kenwright, Moshiri, Benitez and week 7 onward
But they sure enough played a big part in lifting us out of trouble

I don't think I'd thought about relegation really since the 90s. There was a touch of it towards the end of Koeman, we were sinking fast, but the last few months has been a real eye opener. Perhaps we needed it? It just goes to show we can't take it for granted that we'll always be in the top flight - and I'll be honest that's something I have done for a few years.

We need a a brilliant summer transfer window, and it needs to start ASAP.

The improved atmosphere was a reflection of the desperation that was setting in. What made it so potent was the fact that it was organic.

There's no way to contrive that. The crowd either has something to get behind or it doesn't.

ffs we stayed up to “be in this league”

so YES we do have a right to be in it
It's true,but only because there were 4 teams marginally worse than us. Any team that ships goals for fun will struggle,so you're right we have the right,but not by much. Our financial situation makes me nervous of the future.

It's true,but only because there were 4 teams marginally worse than us. Any team that ships goals for fun will struggle,so you're right we have the right,but not by much. Our financial situation makes me nervous of the future.

The table never lies, fibs a bit but doesn’t lie…..

Status
Not open for further replies.