£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMO that will do it. He will be with us by Wednesday.

I can see them holding out for the 50 if I'm honest. They know we have it and that we will probably give it to them before the window closes if they hold out long enough and Koeman starts asking why his number 1 target isn't through the door

Stop comparing what Man City pay for players to what the rest of the league pay for Players otherwise Siggy would be worth 70M

Wonder if Walcott talk is a smokescreen. If they don't accept 45 mill then they need to see us walk away and be moving on.

Wonder if Walcott talk is a smokescreen. If they don't accept 45 mill then they need to see us walk away and be moving on.
If we stopped communicating with them and it appeared we where losing interest they would drop a log because Siggy has lost all of his pre season and pissed off a lot of their fans.

He will leave, it just how long Swansea want to make the process, we probably want him in for the next pre season game and they are looking to take advantage of that.

£50m's just a tad steep, isn't it?
For that amount of money I'm expecting world class.

No doubt though he would improve us, and if we can keep the difference between Sig In + Ross Out to under 10m then that would be an effective squad upgrade.

£50m's just a tad steep, isn't it?
For that amount of money I'm expecting world class.

No doubt though he would improve us, and if we can keep the difference between Sig In + Ross Out to under 10m then that would be an effective squad upgrade.

As @MorgsGoat wisely said to me, think about the player not the fee.

It's the best way to think as these prices are insane this summer.

As @MorgsGoat wisely said to me, think about the player not the fee.

It's the best way to think as these prices are insane this summer.

The thing is cost (fee+wages) is supposed to be representative of quality.. so with a high cost comes higher expectation. If we're paying top whack we should be expecting top quality..

The thing is cost (fee+wages) is supposed to be representative of quality.. so with a high cost comes higher expectation. If we're paying top whack we should be expecting top quality..

Just best to forget it though. There's nothing we can do about it. If it's who they want then they pay what's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back