£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't matter. He's got very good movement and covers a lot of ground intelligently.

That's not my concern with him. He's a good player, not a great one - I want him here, but ideally not replacing a better player in Barkley and not costing the figures quoted for him, which is too much.

That's fair enough Tubes.

I don't want him to have to replace Ross as I want Ross to stay.

But, in my opinion, if Ross does leave then Gylfi is a more than adequate - and in my view currently superior - replacement.

I respect you disagree.

On the pace thing, as you say, he moves the ball quickly and precisely. That's more important.

I definitely think Ross has far more potential.

But no, not in my view, is he currently better than Sigurdsson.

They're not far apart, but the difference is, it seems clear that one of them - who for all his good points still makes the same errors he did four years ago - seems to want out, while one of them seems pretty determined to join.

In an ideal world, Ross and Gylfi are lining up in the same team against Stoke.

No, not even talking potential - Ross is a far superior player right now in my view. Statistically and looking at him with my own eyes.

Although that said, they don't actually play in the same position really. They're two very different players.

Sigurdsson is a good Premier League level footballer, nothing more, nothing less. Barkley is a very good one that people underrate because they expect miracles from him.

With much more of an upside too

It was worth giving him more money to stay over recruiting Sigursson IMO

Koeman wants Sig.

He wanted him at Saints.

We're backing the manager.

Ross clearly hasn't done enough, in Koeman's mind, to warrant a mega deal.

Which he wouldn't get at Spurs anyway, so I don't even know if this is about money. Maybe he just wants to move.

No way should we even be bidding this much for this guy, he’s not worth it. I’ll be pissed if we bid anymore.

We could have a young, top prospect from Europe who’s already as good for half the price.

Will be sad to see barkley go, would have loved him in a decent squad as i think he could really improve with quality around him but if doesnt want to sign the contract in front if him then he has to be replaced. So a bid for gylfi makes sense. A proven player. 40 million plus is way over priced. But like in playstation land cull the squad of riff raff and bring in quality.

He's a good player but £40m is already paying over the odds and should be the limit, it's not my money but the club still need to be careful about willingly paying huge amounts for payers that even in this market are vastly overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back