£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're waiting for a very good player to become a world class player, because we all know he potentially could be.

That's fine - but meanwhile he's still a very good player.

Sigurdsson is a good option for a few positions, which Koeman likes, so I'm definitely not averse to bringing him in. But people are making out like he's a technical magician with the ball who can spray passes left, right and centre - he isn't though; he's just good, which is fine.

But "good" isn't something you spend £50m on, even in today's market.

Hmmm, over estimating a player, possibly like you are with Barkley perhaps? :)

Barkley 100% does not have the nous to become a world class player IMO, can we put that ridiculous notion to bed please?

No way should we even be bidding this much for this guy, he’s not worth it. I’ll be pissed if we bid anymore.

We could have a young, top prospect from Europe who’s already as good for half the price.

WEll don't keep us in suspense! Tell us who!

No way should we even be bidding this much for this guy, he’s not worth it. I’ll be pissed if we bid anymore.

We could have a young, top prospect from Europe who’s already as good for half the price.

The key is that he's proven in the league though. I think that's what Koeman is considering - instant results, because we have young, talented but unproven players all over the shop; we need to compliment that with a core of perhaps not as talented but definitely proven to be decent at the level players.

Sigurdsson in that respect is a no brainer. But the fee is ridiculous. Again, I'm absolutely fine with Swansea asking for it, but that doesn't mean we have to bid it. A bit of common sense has to come in to things - the £10-15m we're potentially overpaying is 2 Onyekuru's etc.

You're waiting for a very good player to become a world class player, because we all know he potentially could be.

That's fine - but meanwhile he's still a very good player.

Sigurdsson is a good option for a few positions, which Koeman likes, so I'm definitely not averse to bringing him in. But people are making out like he's a technical magician with the ball who can spray passes left, right and centre - he isn't though; he's just good, which is fine.

But "good" isn't something you spend £50m on, even in today's market.
Honestly, I don't agree, but it's all about opinions. Barkley for me is a sporadically very good player, who I'm waiting to become a consistently very good player. Sigurdsson may be a notch below Barkley at his best, but he's at that level most of the time. Barkley's at his upper echelon one week in 4.

A record transfer for us if it happens. Doesn't sit right with me.

Should have sorted this Barkley mess up much sooner

I mean, short of literally pinning Ross to the table with a pen and his contract until he signs, there's not much that can be done.

Anyway, Koeman said in May, that regardless of Ross' situation, we'd be looking to bring in more creative players.

We're following through on that promise.

It's up to Ross if he's up for the fight or not.

Barkley has more talent. But we're still waiting for him to realise it.

I feel barkley was a very good player this season though. He does Fall short of what we expect of him ,esp in the big matches. He seems to control games against lesser teams. Maybe gylfi will change that against the likes of liverpool etc.

No, not even talking potential - Ross is a far superior player right now in my view. Statistically and looking at him with my own eyes.

Although that said, they don't actually play in the same position really. They're two very different players.

Sigurdsson is a good Premier League level footballer, nothing more, nothing less. Barkley is a very good one that people underrate because they expect miracles from him.
Spot on analysis this, I look at the signing and am excited by the prospects, but the addition of Ross to that would be more exciting that siggy, people are keen to underestimate just how good he was after Xmas, and his critics have gotten brave now he's a bit more unpopular, but while in our best run Ross was running games, siggy won't do that

People need to stop selling Barkley. I mean yeah he's not signed but he's not exactly done a rom and said I'm playing elsewhere has he? I hope he stays and it's now more competition for places is what we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back