£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri
Sandro

Two players we've bought for a combined £12m who could turn out to be stars.

But you can't just expect them to be world class straight away.

So we've gone for a mix. We needed PL proven players. We're getting them.
Exactly. We need to sign both these types of players.

Sigurdsson is more than capable of running games but yes, I agree, Ross was superb post-xmas.

But there's not much that we can do if he's not signing this deal, is there...
There isn't unfortunately, I'm not going to second guess the situation, as I haven't a clue who's in the right or wrong, I like sight as a footballer, I personally don't put him in the same bracket as Ross who has a far rarer skill set.

Henri
Sandro

Two players we've bought for a combined £12m who could turn out to be stars.

But you can't just expect them to be world class straight away.

So we've gone for a mix. We needed PL proven players. We're getting them.

All this is teaching me is that we have some of the most miserable, unhappy, never happy set of fans in the land.

The club are signing talent for both the future and the now, yet still they moan.

So now Sigurdsson can't run games?

He's better than Ross. It's really not that close. Let's see what he does with time and space, something he never got at Swans.

Seriously, put Ross on Swans and they get relegated.

Seriously?

No he can't run games, he barely touches the ball.

But that's just not true. The stats bare that out - Barkley wipes the floor with Sigurdsson in nearly every category you care to think of for an attacking midfielder.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...verton-leicester-swansea-latest-a7837516.html

People are imagining a player instead of the reality of the player - Sigurdsson, in reality, is a big fish in a small pond, but would in terms of talent actually be a small fish in our pond.
I'd check the source of your stats mate

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/69346/Show/Gylfi-Sigurdsson

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/92547/Show/Ross-Barkley

As 9 goals and 13 assists > than 5 goals and 8 assists

I just don't see why contributors on here get so upset with what Everton FC pay for their players. These transfer costs will not affect the pockets of any fans and the team will be bigger, stronger and more successful. Just enjoy.

Sigurdsson is a good player, I've said that from the start. And I think he'd play well for us too

But when you take into account the fee and the fact he's essentially Barkley's replacement, I can fully understand anyone having reservations

We ultimately don't know the contract amount we've given Barkley, we're just going off rumours, but surely if we can afford to blow 40 Million plus on a decent Premier League player we can also afford to go back to the table and give Ross some kind of increased financial incentive to stay?

That doesn't strike me as being an unreasonable stance to have

Ross is younger, home grown and it would cost us less to give him an improved contract than it would to sign Sigurdsson. There's nothing wrong with doing so

My hopes for moshiri weren't just that we'd sign loads of players, but that his financial clout would ensure we could KEEP the players we used to always lose. I'm seeing column A here but I'm not seeing column B, and that worries me

But that's just not true. The stats bare that out - Barkley wipes the floor with Sigurdsson in nearly every category you care to think of for an attacking midfielder.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...verton-leicester-swansea-latest-a7837516.html

People are imagining a player instead of the reality of the player - Sigurdsson, in reality, is a big fish in a small pond, but would in terms of talent actually be a small fish in our pond.
Ross had 5 goals and 8 assists. Hardly a vast difference when you consider we as a team scored over a third more goals than Swansea did.

I also don't get the whole "take out the dead balls" thing... Sounds far too Martinezy to me. It's like people who used to say about Lukaku "take away his goals, and what does he offer?"

thought steve walsh was brought in to find some bargains ala mahrez and kante. i could do that job at the minute, sigurdsson for 50million, hes good but not 50million good.

So now Sigurdsson can't run games?

He's better than Ross. It's really not that close. Let's see what he does with time and space, something he never got at Swans.

Seriously, put Ross on Swans and they get relegated.

We've seen this. At Spurs. He was average at best.

No, not even talking potential - Ross is a far superior player right now in my view. Statistically and looking at him with my own eyes.

Although that said, they don't actually play in the same position really. They're two very different players.

I dont think you have seen Gylfi play often. He plays the same pos as Barkley. Gylfi can play as number 8 and number 10. Maybe you remember a game last summer, Iceland vs England where Gylfi bossed the midfield as a MC. Barkley did not even make worst England team ever.

He gets nowere near United or Arsenals team, bench.

Ahh yes. Because Fellaini and Ramsey are much better......
lol

All this is teaching me is that we have some of the most miserable, unhappy, never happy set of fans in the land.

The club are signing talent for both the future and the now, yet still they moan.

Honestly mate, I always stick up for our fans, as I know plenty of RS, Mancs etc who say exactly the same.

But no, honestly, lots of us have varied points of view and that's fine. And many - as @Tubey and some others have done - put their points across brilliantly and it's fair do's.

But we've now got people whinging that we're improving the squad.

We have money. We're not wasting it, we're getting players the manager wants and thinks will improve us (I happen to agree with him). We could potentially sign another two/three players after Gylfi for a combined £50m, and still break even by selling a few squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back