£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on analysis this, I look at the signing and am excited by the prospects, but the addition of Ross to that would be more exciting that siggy, people are keen to underestimate just how good he was after Xmas, and his critics have gotten brave now he's a bit more unpopular, but while in our best run Ross was running games, siggy won't do that

Sigurdsson is more than capable of running games but yes, I agree, Ross was superb post-xmas.

But there's not much that we can do if he's not signing this deal, is there...

Can't all the negative sods just go and post about Leon Osman or something. So what he's overpriced. Get over it. Go and have a wank about bringing Straq in on loan and begging the banks not to kill us.
We have already virtually rebuilt the side so it's not like we have used up the entire summer budget on him. Just a striker with some height to go (and nothing this summer suggests we are going to scrimp on this one) and we have the best squad I can remember.

Incidentally, I'll bet that we eventually make more profit on the young lad we've loaned to Anderlecht than we spend on Gylfi.

Honestly, I don't agree, but it's all about opinions. Barkley for me is a sporadically very good player, who I'm waiting to become a consistently very good player. Sigurdsson may be a notch below Barkley at his best, but he's at that level most of the time. Barkley's at his upper echelon one week in 4.

But that's just not true. The stats bare that out - Barkley wipes the floor with Sigurdsson in nearly every category you care to think of for an attacking midfielder.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...verton-leicester-swansea-latest-a7837516.html

Take out the dead ball stats, and the shine comes off. You end up with an attacking midfielder who doesn't defend much and had 4 goals and 5 assists in 38 appearances last season.

People are imagining a player instead of the reality of the player - Sigurdsson, in reality, is a big fish in a small pond, but would in terms of talent actually be a small fish in our pond.

No way should we even be bidding this much for this guy, he’s not worth it. I’ll be pissed if we bid anymore.

We could have a young, top prospect from Europe who’s already as good for half the price.
Who is this mythical young prospect already as good as Iceland that's available for 20 million?

Koeman obviously wants him badly and if Koeman looks at him as a must buy for his plans then who are we to argue. Just let koeman build his team/squad and stop pretending we are better at picking players etc....unless of course you are a PL manager yourself. Market is crazy this season (90m - 100m Lukaku) so if we want a player badly then we will pay an inflated price for him to don the Everton shirt and not a second or third choicer.

Gylfi reminds me of Beckham in his attributes and what he brings to the team.
I wonder what Beckham would have fetched in the current market?

If only we had a scouting network

We seem to have binned them off and replaced them with a Sky Sports subscription

Henri
Sandro

Two players we've bought for a combined £12m who could turn out to be stars.

But you can't just expect them to be world class straight away.

So we've gone for a mix. We needed PL proven players. We're getting them.

That's fair enough Tubes.

On the pace thing, as you say, he moves the ball quickly and precisely. That's more important.

But I'd argue he doesn't.

He barely touches the ball in open play. 27 passes per game at 76% accuracy. And before people say "Yeah but Swansea" his team mates like Carroll are averaging around 40 passes a game. To be fair his number in previous seasons were slightly higher (low 30s passes per games) so perhaps Swansea played him more as a winger this year.

To compare Ross Barkley averages 46 passes at 82.5% accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back