Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Christ we have a live one here. Stats from 2014 that you've bolded. Videos from years ago too, unless Newcastle are back in the prem.

The last time Swansea had a good open play goalscorer was in 2014, when Wilfried Bony was at the club.

The videos are taken anywhere from 2011-2017. He's doing things no other Playmaker in the league can do on both feet.

I like him, he's just not what I would consider a 50million pound player. Neither do the club's judging by reports.

He's equal to Eriksen's 54 goals/assists, the table just doesn't count his assist against Arsenal.

How many more goals & assists would he need to be considered a ''£50 million pound player''??

He's doing this despite playing for Swansea, where he has suffered poor spells due to improper management, Sigurdsson should be at 60+ goals/assists.

Gylfi is leading the most goals/assists since 14/15, most distance covered last season, most free kick goals since 2014/15, heck even since 2011. Most set-piece assists last season, highest penalty conversion rate in the league, and last season equalized the all-time PL record for assists to one player in a season. Oh yeah don't forget most distance covered too.

He also plays more positions than any other Playmaker, has a better weaker foot, and can shoot/cross/through ball from anywhere on the pitch.

If he weren't worth £50 million, then he wouldn't be statistically beating Players that are worth £60-80+ million.

Although i think your post contains a bit of hyperbole, I think your point about considering other seasons as well as last season is bang on.

Do keep in mind that I am bias towards Sigurdsson's abilities, but I fully acknowledge his weaknesses too.

I am simply suggesting that Sigurdsson is a lot better than most of you give him credit for being. He's far from being only good at set pieces, in 2014/15 only 9 of his 10 assists were in open play. Some people hinted towards Sigurdsson not being good at set pieces, when in reality it was down to Ki/Williams/Fernandez among others wasting great opportunities.

Now the narrative is the exact opposite, which couldn't be further from the truth. I'd put Sigurdsson's open play ability up against any other Playmaker in the league.

Wtf Are you on about? He replied to a post about this year's stats with stats from 2014.

Sigurdsson didn't score a single goal with his right foot in open play last season. He also played out of position, averaged 27 passes per match compared to his normal 37 passes per match. He also struggled in relegation battle for most of the season, which he previously hasn't.

If you believe last seasons stats are more relevant than any of his past after learning these facts, then I have no business replying to you.

For those that are interested, I've heard again from my friend at Swansea. Siggy has been training on his own at the clubs training ground. However, interestingly AC Milan made a bid and it got rejected. Apparently it was a lot lower than what Everton and Leicester offered.

There is no reason for Sigurdsson to leave the PL. He has always talked about it being the best league in the world, and is well on his way to reaching the top 10-15 all-time goals/assists table.

AC Milan, Inter & Roma have previously bid for him, and so have Borussia Dortmund.

He wants to play in the PL, preferably for one of the top 4 but they're blinded by the flashy skills & pace of their own Playmakers to even consider bidding for Siggy. They're faster, better at dribbling & holding the ball. But Gylfi can do things that they'll never be able to.

The last time Swansea had a good open play goalscorer was in 2014, when Wilfried Bony was at the club.

The videos are taken anywhere from 2011-2017. He's doing things no other Playmaker in the league can do on both feet.

He's equal to Eriksen's 54 goals/assists, the table just doesn't count his assist against Arsenal.

How many more goals & assists would he need to be considered a ''£50 million pound player''??

He's doing this despite playing for Swansea, where he has suffered poor spells due to improper management, Sigurdsson should be at 60+ goals/assists.

Gylfi is leading the most goals/assists since 14/15, most distance covered last season, most free kick goals since 2014/15, heck even since 2011. Most set-piece assists last season, highest penalty conversion rate in the league, and last season equalized the all-time PL record for assists to one player in a season. Oh yeah don't forget most distance covered too.

He also plays more positions than any other Playmaker, has a better weaker foot, and can shoot/cross/through ball from anywhere on the pitch.

If he weren't worth £50 million, then he wouldn't be statistically beating Players that are worth £60-80+ million.

Do keep in mind that I am bias towards Sigurdsson's abilities, but I fully acknowledge his weaknesses too.

I am simply suggesting that Sigurdsson is a lot better than most of you give him credit for being. He's far from being only good at set pieces, in 2014/15 only 9 of his 10 assists were in open play. Some people hinted towards Sigurdsson not being good at set pieces, when in reality it was down to Ki/Williams/Fernandez among others wasting great opportunities.

Now the narrative is the exact opposite, which couldn't be further from the truth. I'd put Sigurdsson's open play ability up against any other Playmaker in the league.

Sigurdsson didn't score a single goal with his right foot in open play last season. He also played out of position, averaged 27 passes per match compared to his normal 37 passes per match. He also struggled in relegation battle for most of the season, which he previously hasn't.

If you believe last seasons stats are more relevant than any of his past after learning these facts, then I have no business replying to you.

There is no reason for Sigurdsson to leave the PL. He has always talked about it being the best league in the world, and is well on his way to reaching the top 10-15 all-time goals/assists table.

AC Milan, Inter & Roma have previously bid for him, and so have Borussia Dortmund.

He wants to play in the PL, preferably for one of the top 4 but they're blinded by the flashy skills & pace of their own Playmakers to even consider bidding for Siggy. They're faster, better at dribbling & holding the ball. But Gylfi can do things that they'll never be able to.

I can't read all that but I agree. Just sign him.

I'm finally in the siggy camp base on this post alone.

tumblr_nxikvaBGcz1rj7inuo1_250.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nqe8jnw67I1s4yek6o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Tl:dr

Then why are just us a Leicester going toe to toe with him?

Most of what you said could be labeled at Barkley, who's rumoured to be going to bigger named clubs.

End of the day, he's very good. But you can't justify the £50million IMO. And the club don't think he's worth that either.

Post of this thread.

I'm stunned.

A measured and well balanced post.

Could you please do one on Ross Barkley and post it in the Barkley thread, as there's a lot of heads exploding in there !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back