Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
GET ON WITH IT

5JPp8NQ.gif

Then why are just us a Leicester going toe to toe with him?

Most of what you said could be labeled at Barkley, who's rumoured to be going to bigger named clubs.

End of the day, he's very good. But you can't justify the £50million IMO. And the club don't think he's worth that either.

Maybe none of the Top 6 teams are aware of how good he is?

Or if they did, then they probably deem KBD/Eriksen/Ozil/Fabregas/Mata/Coutinho/etc better than Sigurdsson, even though statistically he outperforms all of them.

It doesn't change the fact that his top 7 record is absurdly good, 30 goals/assists in 60 apps against them, a 50% contribution ratio. The highest of any Playmaker or any midfielder in the PL.

Barkley is considered a bigger talent, which is because he's similar or better than Sigurdsson defensively, but will never be better at scoring or assisting goals.

Besides, wasn't Sigurdsson well on his way to Liverpool at 22 years old? Didn't he decline them for Spurs? Why have AC Milan/Dortmund/Roma and other big clubs been after him if he's so bad?

£50 million is more than justifiable for arguably the best Playmaker in the worlds best league.

I'd only want him for set pieces, and for no more than £35mill :p

EOmcAytMSF_AKTEUeotoCw.png

I'm stunned.

A measured and well balanced post.

Could you please do one on Ross Barkley and post it in the Barkley thread, as there's a lot of heads exploding in there !

Already have here

I might rate Sigurdsson a lot higher than Barkley but I sure don't think Barkley is nearly as bad as some people are making him out to be. So if you would like me to cover anything more regarding him, I will gladly do so.

He was crap at Spurs.

Really? I know he was not playing his most effective position, but I recall him being one of Spurs best players every time he stepped on the pitch.

Bale transitioned from LW to RW/SS/CF because of Sigurdsson, which tripled his goal output.

Sigurdsson scored 2 goals against Chelsea in 2 apps, 2 goals/assists vs Inter, 2 goals in 1 app vs Norwich, late winners against Southampton/West Ham, and a goal in draws against Everton/Basel.

Oh yeah, and an assist against Arsenal in Spurs's only NLD win in 4 years, and scored plenty of beautiful goals for them. Along with a few others.

All of this, and he only started and finished 9 games in 58 appearances for Spurs in the PL.

Premier League stats for Spurs

2012/13

33 appearances, 1.221 min = 37 min on average

7 goals/assists = 175 min per goal/assist

Projected statistics: 90 x 38 = 3420/175 = 19.5 goals/assists

2013/14

25 appearances, 1.276 min = 51 min on average

5 goals, 0 assists = Goal every 255 min

Projected stats: 90 x 38 = 3420/255 = 13,4 goals

Europa League stats for Spurs

2012/13

11 appearances, 558 min = 50 min on average

4 goals/assists = 140 min per goal/assist

2013/14

8 appearances, 587 min = 73 min on average

0 goals, 3 assists = 195 min per assist

If you think that is crap, then you have very high standards my friend. But Sigurdsson has no business playing LW anyway, just look at how annoyed he is in this interview when he was still at Spurs.

Sure he wasn't at his best, but he didn't even take a single set piece, free kick or penalty for Spurs! Apparently the managers believed Kyle Walker & Tom Huddlestone were better at taking them.

Put him in the current Spurs side and he scores/assists 10-15 goals each.

There is no doubt in my mind over him being better than Eriksen, who doesn't score or assist nearly as many important goals.

If Gylfi can get 22 goals/assists for Swansea and 0 goals with his right foot in open play while averaging 27 passes per match and playing out of position with utterly ridiculous defensive responsibilities..

Surely a 30+ goal/assist combined season would be achievable?

Last edited:

Or if they did, then they probably deem KBD/Eriksen/Ozil/Fabregas/Mata/Coutinho/etc better than Sigurdsson, even though statistically he outperforms all of them.

It doesn't change the fact that his top 7 record is absurdly good, 30 goals/assists in 60 apps against them, a 50% contribution ratio. The highest of any Playmaker or any midfielder in the PL.

Barkley is considered a bigger talent, which is because he's similar or better than Sigurdsson defensively, but will never be better at scoring or assisting goals.

Besides, wasn't Sigurdsson well on his way to Liverpool at 22 years old? Didn't he decline them for Spurs? Why have AC Milan/Dortmund/Roma and other big clubs been after him if he's so bad?

£50 million is more than justifiable for arguably the best Playmaker in the worlds best league.

Already have here

I might rate Sigurdsson a lot higher than Barkley but I sure don't think Barkley is nearly as bad as some people are making him out to be. So if you would like me to cover anything more regarding him, I will gladly do so.

Really? I know he was not playing his most effective position, but I recall him being one of Spurs best players every time he stepped on the pitch.

Bale transitioned from LW to RW/SS/CF because of Sigurdsson, which tripled his goal output.

Sigurdsson scored 2 goals against Chelsea in 2 apps, 2 goals/assists vs Inter, 2 goals in 1 app vs Norwich, late winners against Southampton/West Ham, and a goal in draws against Everton/Basel.

Oh yeah, and an assist against Arsenal in Spurs's only NLD win in 4 years, and scored plenty of beautiful goals for them. Along with a few others.

All of this, and he only started and finished 9 games in 58 appearances for Spurs in the PL.

2012/13

2013/14

2012/13

2013/14

If you think that is crap, then you have very high standards my friend. But Sigurdsson has no business playing LW anyway, just look at how annoyed he is in this interview when he was still at Spurs.

Sure he wasn't at his best, but he didn't even take a single set piece, free kick or penalty for Spurs! Apparently the managers believed Kyle Walker & Tom Huddlestone were better at taking them.

There is no doubt in my mind over him being better than Eriksen, who doesn't score or assist nearly as many important goals.

If Gylfi can get 22 goals/assists for Swansea and 0 goals with his right foot in open play while averaging 27 passes per match and playing out of position with utterly ridiculous defensive responsibilities..

OK Damon.

So Barkley leaving means Sigurdsson is staying? Makes sense.

To be fair, I'm terrified over the thought of having to watch him play for Swansea another season. I'm tired of seeing his potential wasted at Swanesa, and Everton will become true contenders for the CL if they sign him.

Barkley is injured, he won't be going anywhere this window.

Everton are clearly reluctant to pay the asking price - if it was a go-er it would have happened by now.

Out of interest, when is Swanseas next pre season game? He obviously got withdrawn from their tour because his head wasn't in the right place. Will be interesting to see if he makes the team

No mate

Already have here

2012/13

2013/14

2012/13

2013/14

Hello mate welcome to the forum.

Already have here

2012/13

2013/14

2012/13

2013/14

giphy.gif

Already have here

2012/13

2013/14

2012/13

2013/14

They are all better than him, most younger, and most were bought for less than £50mill.

There lies the predicament. Is he good? Yes. Is he better than the ones mentioned? No. If he was, Spurs would be looking at getting him than Barkley's etc.

Barkley is injured, he won't be going anywhere this window.

Everton are clearly reluctant to pay the asking price - if it was a go-er it would have happened by now.

Out of interest, when is Swanseas next pre season game? He obviously got withdrawn from their tour because his head wasn't in the right place. Will be interesting to see if he makes the team

Transfers have been made when players are injured.

Spurs care more about getting Barkley to replace Sissoko and potentially challenge for the title rather than focusing on a small & irrelevant operation that they were more than aware of.

He'll score more goals at CM than Wanyama or Dembele, he'll assist a similar amount of goals to Eriksen in open play (last season Eriksen had 8)

He'll defend better than Eriksen or Alli, and Pochettino will probably try to mold him into a Wanyama/Dembele DM except capable of scoring goals & assisting.

Regarding the price, £50 million takes awhile to prepare. It's not like you just bid for someone and it gets accepted with the first try. Everton have bit £25 mil, £27 mil, £30 mil, £32 mil, £40 mil, £40 mil + add-ons..

Do you think they'll just randomly stop now? Of course not. Swansea are getting their replacement and Sigurdsson proved he doesn't want to play for the club by refusing to go on the US tour.

Regarding the next preseason match, in two days. Although that's still in the US. So the next game Sigurdsson could potentially play is on the 29th against Birmingham.

Really? Because Sigurdsson in the past created 25 goals/assists in the championship, and 12 goals/assists in 18 appearances in the PL on loan in 2011/12.

22 goals/assists in the PL without a single open play goal on your right foot, along with no good open play goal scoring team mates.. 30+ could definitely be achieved.

Sigurdsson was already at 19 goals/assists in 28 apps last season. Then Paul Clement forces him in an even more extreme defensive role which made him only score 1 goal and get 2 assists in those last 10 matches.

19 divided by 28 = 68%. 22 divided by 38 = 58%

If he kept up the momentum in the first 28 matches, he would've had 25-26 goals/assists last season, which is only 4-5 less than what you're dismissing. He could without a doubt get 30+ goals/assists in one PL season.

Hello mate welcome to the forum.

zGHQb4O.gif

OJO1ku8nSDi0BfCVtffd0A.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back