Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transfers have been made when players are injured.

Spurs care more about getting Barkley to replace Sissoko and potentially challenge for the title rather than focusing on a small & irrelevant operation that they were more than aware of.

He'll score more goals at CM than Wanyama or Dembele, he'll assist a similar amount of goals to Eriksen in open play (last season Eriksen had 8)

He'll defend better than Eriksen or Alli, and Pochettino will probably try to mold him into a Wanyama/Dembele DM except capable of scoring goals & assisting.

Regarding the price, £50 million takes awhile to prepare. It's not like you just bid for someone and it gets accepted with the first try. Everton have bit £25 mil, £27 mil, £30 mil, £32 mil, £40 mil, £40 mil + add-ons..

Do you think they'll just randomly stop now? Of course not. Swansea are getting their replacement and Sigurdsson proved he doesn't want to play for the club by refusing to go on the US tour.

Regarding the next preseason match, in two days. Although that's still in the US. So the next game Sigurdsson could potentially play is on the 29th against Birmingham.

Really? Because Sigurdsson in the past created 25 goals/assists in the championship, and 12 goals/assists in 18 appearances in the PL on loan in 2011/12.

22 goals/assists in the PL without a single open play goal on your right foot, along with no good open play goal scoring team mates.. 30+ could definitely be achieved.

Sigurdsson was already at 19 goals/assists in 28 apps last season. Then Paul Clement forces him in an even more extreme defensive role which made him only score 1 goal and get 2 assists in those last 10 matches.

19 divided by 28 = 68%. 22 divided by 38 = 58%

If he kept up the momentum in the first 28 matches, he would've had 25-26 goals/assists last season, which is only 4-5 less than what you're dismissing. He could without a doubt get 30+ goals/assists in one PL season.

zGHQb4O.gif

OJO1ku8nSDi0BfCVtffd0A.png

What's your take on the previous financial situation at Aston Villa??

Then why are just us a Leicester going toe to toe with him?

Most of what you said could be labeled at Barkley, who's rumoured to be going to bigger named clubs.

End of the day, he's very good. But you can't justify the £50million IMO. And the club don't think he's worth that either.

not sure how it can labelled at barkley. His stats aren't even close.

50 million is the price they want. None of them, I mean absolutely none of them are worth more than £0.50 - but we are in a market that demands high transfer fees, so we just have to suck it up and pay what is required.

Everton of old were always the pacemakers in transfers, but we have fallen so far behind (largely because of The Moores boys baling on Everton to the RS) and our relatively poor (I mean financially poor mainly, although I wouldn't mind their bank balances) owners up until recently, that our highest transfers were paltry compared to the so-called money teams.

Consequence of all that is we are paying catch up - even with our wealthy owner, we can't jump past Citeh, Chelski, Urinated - as they have been spending big for ages. Our model is not the RS money-ball system, but the Spurs model - buy good when you can at reasonable (relatively) prices and build a supply line of younger players. Spurs have been doing it for ages, so to even get on track with them, we have had to pay some inflated prices for players we need NOW. Iceland falls into that latter category.

Transfers have been made when players are injured.

Spurs care more about getting Barkley to replace Sissoko and potentially challenge for the title rather than focusing on a small & irrelevant operation that they were more than aware of.

He'll score more goals at CM than Wanyama or Dembele, he'll assist a similar amount of goals to Eriksen in open play (last season Eriksen had 8)

He'll defend better than Eriksen or Alli, and Pochettino will probably try to mold him into a Wanyama/Dembele DM except capable of scoring goals & assisting.

Regarding the price, £50 million takes awhile to prepare. It's not like you just bid for someone and it gets accepted with the first try. Everton have bit £25 mil, £27 mil, £30 mil, £32 mil, £40 mil, £40 mil + add-ons..

Do you think they'll just randomly stop now? Of course not. Swansea are getting their replacement and Sigurdsson proved he doesn't want to play for the club by refusing to go on the US tour.

Regarding the next preseason match, in two days. Although that's still in the US. So the next game Sigurdsson could potentially play is on the 29th against Birmingham.

Really? Because Sigurdsson in the past created 25 goals/assists in the championship, and 12 goals/assists in 18 appearances in the PL on loan in 2011/12.

22 goals/assists in the PL without a single open play goal on your right foot, along with no good open play goal scoring team mates.. 30+ could definitely be achieved.

Sigurdsson was already at 19 goals/assists in 28 apps last season. Then Paul Clement forces him in an even more extreme defensive role which made him only score 1 goal and get 2 assists in those last 10 matches.

19 divided by 28 = 68%. 22 divided by 38 = 58%

If he kept up the momentum in the first 28 matches, he would've had 25-26 goals/assists last season, which is only 4-5 less than what you're dismissing. He could without a doubt get 30+ goals/assists in one PL season.

zGHQb4O.gif

OJO1ku8nSDi0BfCVtffd0A.png

Oh god I wondered when you'd show up here.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-transfers-swansea-want-gylfi-13358627

Swansea City are refusing to give up hope of keeping hold of Everton target Gylfi Sigurdsson - but admit they want his future resolved soon.

The Blues are pursuing the Iceland international but the Swans have slapped a £50m price tag on the 27-year-old’s head.

Sigurdsson was left out of Swansea’s squad that travelled to America for a pre-season training camp after the club said he had told them he was not in the “right frame of mind”.

City boss Paul Clement says they want to keep hold of their talisman and he spoke with Sigurdsson earlier this week.

But he added that a conclusion to this transfer saga must be found quickly.

I don’t see it as impossible [Sigurdsson will stay],” Clement said.

“And I think from all sides we want to see a resolution to this situation.”

He added: “I spoke to Gylfi two days ago,” added Clement.

“I have a really good relationship with Gylfi and the chairman and the owners know very much my feeling on the situation and we’re talking daily about how things are moving.

“The best thing will be a resolution to the situation in the near future.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back