£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tom Davies is good enough, or any home grown player they will play.
If Sigurdsson is better than what we have and we can afford to buy him that will make us better... that is surely the objective.
I am not aware that any extra points are available for playing home grown players.

I am not aware of that rule also. People being called cryarses on here after the most amazing summer any of us can remember. I don't care how much money we drop on players, but personally i would prefer to offer the huge figures we are talking about for iceland to a club with a world class centre half. My veiw is iceland will not get us top 4 but world class centre half net to keane could. This is my view

If he comes, which looks likely, let's just see, ey.

He'll add genuine quality to an already good squad.

I hope it's not at Ross' expense, but if it is it'll be because ultimately Ross sees his future elsewhere.
Yes if we pay big money for him then we I think want a good fee for barkley so that may be interesting on what club will pay that my guess Ross will follow Lukaku to United? with a fee and more add ons??????

Everton recieved £132m from sky for nothing, literally nothing. Everton used to play every Saturday for no more than gate receipts and sponsorship money.
Why are people freeting like a pensioner walking through an underpass because we will pay £40-50m for a player our more than decent manager believes will improve our team.
He'll prove an expensive but shrewd purchase. Sigurdson equals goals not to mention another captain/leader in the team.
Go get him I say.

No matter the varied views on here on respective merits it is now 99.9% probable Gylfi will be playing for us and about 90% probable Ross won't. I guess we'll have a couple of days more of rumour, recrimination and noise on this before Gylfi is on a plane with us to Holland.

Assuming that is the case we need to focus on how to get the best return on that investment. It seems clear we'll need a target man type option. Hence the Giroud, Benteke shouts. Giroud is obviously tricky but worthwhile pursuing but you'd ideally hope we'd also want a younger developmental out and out CF. Is this how they see Sandro? Dolberg looks out of reach this summer but he's the sexy option. Dembele a common shout but another high price/are we sure call for me.

I dont think you have seen Gylfi play often. He plays the same pos as Barkley. Gylfi can play as number 8 and number 10. Maybe you remember a game last summer, Iceland vs England where Gylfi bossed the midfield as a MC. Barkley did not even make worst England team ever.

Ahh yes. Because Fellaini and Ramsey are much better......
lol

Well its why they are at big clubs.

Swansea had Fernando Llorente up front on his own like. Your mate Lukaku scored a full 10 more than him but ok x
He's playing a different position. Those stats say Ross had the ball a ton more and created chances, but that Sigurdsson had the ball A LOT LESS and create close to the same amount of chances. That says Ross had the ball more, which he did, and Sigurdsson was more efficient in creating chances. Which he is.

Frankly, these two would be terrific complements for each other on the pitch.

I dont think you have seen Gylfi play often. He plays the same pos as Barkley. Gylfi can play as number 8 and number 10. Maybe you remember a game last summer, Iceland vs England where Gylfi bossed the midfield as a MC. Barkley did not even make worst England team ever.lol

They do and don't. Hence why I said "they don't play in the same position really. They're two very different players."

Barkley comes deeper more often.

Here's a nice read, even if I don't agree with all of it.

https://differentgame.wordpress.com...out-gylfi-sigurdsson-v-ross-barkley-part-one/

Never thought i'd see the day our fans would complain about us being rinsed for 40-50 mil transfer. Up the [Poor language removed] Toffees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back