£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
can ye all stop with the Barkley v Sigurdsson nonsense... they are 2 very different type players...one has more pace but the other is smarter and covers more ground and 'but ok, this is what we like' Barkley leaving has nothing to do with him arriving it has to do with him not signing a contract... as for the price we are asking 50mil for Barkley with a straight face... Siggy is worth 40mil in the current market no question... he'll turn some draws to wins and some losses to draws...he kept Swansea up ffs

OK, even if we use that parameter, Barkley is the superior player. Involved in much more of any given game with a higher pass completion rate.

HZtSsNd.jpg

And it's not even close. The fact Gylfi has more assists is more to do with a shocking lack of movement due to a gimped attack 'led' by Lukaku than anything Barkley was doing, as evidenced by the above.
You just compared the stats of a guy playing as a holding midfield with much better players around him to a forward. The fact that Sigurdsson created almost as many chances while having the ball much less is not an indictment of Gyfil, it's actually EXACTLY why Koeman wants him.

If he's not on the plane you would assume he has permission/acceptance from the club to not be on the plane and therefore to talk to clubs, no?

Not necessarily mate. It's all a bit sketchy still but reports are saying he only informed them this morning he wouldn't travel.

I'd say that's a cue for some extended talks before there's any permission given to do anything...

You just compared the stats of a guy playing as a holding midfield with much better players around him to a forward. The fact that Sigurdsson created almost as many chances while having the ball much less is not an indictment of Gyfil, it's actually EXACTLY why Koeman wants him.

Yeah it's difficult to look at those stats and see it as endorsement of Barkley tbh.

You think players get more space at better teams? It's an interesting proposition. One that both I and the facts disagree with but I respect your right to hold that belief.

Very strange.. that is the exact opposite of what I said!?

"As an attacker, at Swansea he is given time and space because teams tend to leave themselves more open. At Everton, he will have much less time and space because the opposition will sit deeper".

Awkward.

I think he provided 4 assists to LLorente last year so it wasn't just him so probably not as big a deal as you originally though.

£40m is a fair price. Liverpool spent nearly that on Carroll over 6 years ago and spent similar amount on a premiership flop this year.

Gylfi is a very good player who has performed brilliantly for 3 straight years now.

He got 13 assists last season with Llorente in his team. Without Llorente, the season before, he got four assists. The season before that, with Bony, he got ten. So basically, he got a lot of assists in his seasons playing with an aerial threat, and got a very average number of assists without such a teammate.

He averages an assist every 343 minutes at Swansea. At Tottenham, he averaged an assist every 587 minutes.

Also, why do you keep comparing our transfers with Liverpool's? That isn't a barometer for us to be successful. We as a fanbase really need to concentrate on ourselves.

OK, even if we use that parameter, Barkley is the superior player. Involved in much more of any given game with a higher pass completion rate.

HZtSsNd.jpg

And it's not even close. The fact Gylfi has more assists is more to do with a shocking lack of movement due to a gimped attack 'led' by Lukaku than anything Barkley was doing, as evidenced by the above.

Swansea had Fernando Llorente up front on his own like. Your mate Lukaku scored a full 10 more than him but ok.

Last edited:
If he comes, which looks likely, let's just see, ey.

He'll add genuine quality to an already good squad.

I hope it's not at Ross' expense, but if it is it'll be because ultimately Ross sees his future elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back