£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says it all for me mate. Sure 40 or even 50m for Sigi is very toppy and probably inconceivable a year ago. But the whole of the Prem has had a massive shot in the arm from Sky. Inflation is inevitable, plus our mission to get our business done early is likely pushing things up as we're effectively setting the market. But we have nearly all our targets. In July!

Just waiting for the 'Moshiri hasn't spent a penny' brigade to roll up with the new mantra 'we're overpaying for everyone'.

You just can't win...

@davek will be praying Ross sold so he can carry on the pointless net spend rant

IMG_2422.webp

There might be, but I've still yet to see them named. We got Tielemans, who wouldn't come here, and isn't a playmaker or in the league of Gyfil yet. Then we got Marcus Ginter. That happened.

Beyond that, someone thinks Mahrez is apparently worth 27M, which he's not, and Salah, who isn't as good as Sigurdsson IMO.

I think it's an overpay, too, but again, who are these players that could come in cheaper that would be better? Brozovic? Andre Silva?
It's tough to say who would or wouldn't want to join Everton. I would sooner take Nasri at a far, far lower cost.

Very strange.. that is the exact opposite of what I said!?

"As an attacker, at Swansea he is given time and space because teams tend to leave themselves more open. At Everton, he will have much less time and space because the opposition will sit deeper".

Awkward.

He got 13 assists last season with Llorente in his team. Without Llorente, the season before, he got four assists. The season before that, with Bony, he got ten. So basically, he got a lot of assists in his seasons playing with an aerial threat, and got a very average number of assists without such a teammate.

He averages an assist every 343 minutes at Swansea. At Tottenham, he averaged an assist every 587 minutes.

Also, why do you keep comparing our transfers with Liverpool's? That isn't a barometer for us to be successful. We as a fanbase really need to concentrate on ourselves.

Yeah I forgot to add a 'don't'. Your nonsense post befuddled me.

0.26 - First assist to Llorente has nothing to do with his height and everything to do with his touch, guile and awareness.
0.51 - He assists one of the shortest players in the league.
1.24 - Another assist to Llorente's feet.
1.41 - Another assist to LLorente's feet.
1.51 - Free kick assist to MAwson (another one earlier to vanderhoorn) both owe more to the precision of the delivery than the scorer's height as neither is leaping when they connect.
2.12 - Corner assist to Mawson. Again Mawson's feet are on the ground when he scores. Down to brilliance of the delivery.
2.43 - A delicate through ball to Olsson, again not relying on 'aerial threat'.
2.55 - An assist to a leaping Llorente!! HURRAH! (still an exquisite delivery though)
3.04 - A wonderful piece of imagination and execution to back heel a ball to Olsson's feet.
3.16 - Another beautiful ball finished by crouching Mawson.
3.24 - Another assist to a leaping Llorente!! HURRAH!!
3.44 - DITTO

SO 13 assists and an 'aerial threat' really only played a part in 3 of them.

I think we should finish above Liverpool this season but I think they could be close so it makes sense to compare our transfers with theirs. It's also to illustrate the market rate for players has leapt exponentially this season.

Would you like to try again? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back