£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe...

I think Spurs is the most likely destination for Ross as it stands.

If he is to go, which isn't 100%, then ideally we want a few clubs in for him.

He won't be a first-team starter at any of those clubs above us though, on paper.
He might be at Spurs plus there's no guarantee Alli is staying. Madrid and Barca are both interested... apparently.

I suspect Barkley thinks Poch can do for his career what he did for Alli.

Even if Alli stays Barkley could take the right wing position.

Honestly, I don't agree, but it's all about opinions. Barkley for me is a sporadically very good player, who I'm waiting to become a consistently very good player. Sigurdsson may be a notch below Barkley at his best, but he's at that level most of the time. Barkley's at his upper echelon one week in 4.
I'm on-board with that view and would much rather have the 8 out of 10 man every week than the occassional 9/6/5/7 out of 10 guy.

I just don't see why contributors on here get so upset with what Everton FC pay for their players. These transfer costs will not affect the pockets of any fans and the team will be bigger, stronger and more successful. Just enjoy.

I've had no problem with any of our purchases so far, nor indeed with those we've sold. I rate Gylfi as a player and believe he will do an excellent job. However I think Swansea are taking the mick with their valuation. If we've offered £40M then that is more than enough. Obviously valuations seem to be going through the roof, but I'd walk and leave them with an unhappy player.......

He's not unreliable, but Joyce and Hunter are the best for Everton stuff. Myers obviously as well, though a lot of his stuff is opinionated.

Percy has definitely got information from somewhere though. He doesn't just make stuff up.
Just seen that King has stated on twitter about Everton not actually bidding for him

Because he's played here and has proven it, right.

Point being there are far better players available for around what we are bidding for this player.

I know lad, I was half-joking...

I do think Rodriguez is massively overrated, though. He's better than Gylfi, like.

But difference being, Gylfi would come here, and looks to be trying to force through a move. Rodriguez wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back