£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough Tubes.

I don't want him to have to replace Ross as I want Ross to stay.

But, in my opinion, if Ross does leave then Gylfi is a more than adequate - and in my view currently superior - replacement.

I respect you disagree.

On the pace thing, as you say, he moves the ball quickly and precisely. That's more important.

Agreed, Speed of thought is much more important in the final third and can make up for a lack of foot speed in the middle third. I like Ross and want him to stay. But no one would say he is quick of thought in the final third.

I know lad, I was half-joking...

I do think Rodriguez is massively overrated, though. He's better than Gylfi, like.

But difference being, Gylfi would come here, and looks to be trying to force through a move. Rodriguez wouldn't.
I think he's overrated too, and I get the idea that Gylfi is tested in the PL, but £50m for a player from Swansea is absolutely insane..

Agreed, Speed of thought is much more important in the final third and can make up for a lack of foot speed in the middle third. I like Ross and want him to stay. But no one would say he is quick of thought in the final third.
Or when a right hook swings in.

I get that 50M is a lot of dosh but if we are offering 40M then are we really going to let the difference (- likely another 5M) get in the way of our primary target. The 40M is sunk cost to me only the difference is incremental. Ronko has been after this guy since January so lets just do it. Part of me would like to see us just offer 55M and tell them and Leicester to STFU.
Then lets offer 30M for Giroud and be done!

When Ross operates purely off instinct, he's a joy to watch.

When he dallies, he often gets caught out.

It's why I want him further up the pitch in a front three. Less time, and more about his instinctive ability. A good example is that cross for Lukaku against Leicester.

Very strange.. that is the exact opposite of what I said!?

"As an attacker, at Swansea he is given time and space because teams tend to leave themselves more open. At Everton, he will have much less time and space because the opposition will sit deeper".

Awkward.

He got 13 assists last season with Llorente in his team. Without Llorente, the season before, he got four assists. The season before that, with Bony, he got ten. So basically, he got a lot of assists in his seasons playing with an aerial threat, and got a very average number of assists without such a teammate.

He averages an assist every 343 minutes at Swansea. At Tottenham, he averaged an assist every 587 minutes.

Also, why do you keep comparing our transfers with Liverpool's? That isn't a barometer for us to be successful. We as a fanbase really need to concentrate on ourselves.
We're likely going to have a CF who is an aerial threat so it makes sense to have someone in the team who assists them no?

Let's put this deal into perspective:

Arsenal are plotting a £45m+ deal for Thomas Lemar. Whilst a talented young player he's only had one good season of first team football and in France to boot.

We're bidding £40-50m for someone a few years older but with PL pedigree.

What's the problem? We shouldn't even be discussing fees these days; we should just be discussing is this player good enough for Everton.

Just trying to catch up as busyness is happening. But I appear to have seen people saying they'd rather sign Bjork here than James Rodriguez.

67M8k_s-200x150.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back