Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic is spending £50m on Gylfi Siggurdsson. Would be possibly the worst value for money signing in football history.

Hyberbole? No, I genuinely can't think of a worse one from anyone. Any suggestions? Hindsight not allowed so not Torres to Chelsea for example.

OK, so we are only allowed to guess at future worst signings as ones that actually happened are not allowed?

Hmmm, can't see that working myself mate.

OK, so we are only allowed to guess at future worst signings as ones that actually happened are not allowed?

Hmmm, can't see that working myself mate.

Well with the Torres example he was 26/27 years old, Spanish international and had scored winner in Euro finals. Seemed a touch expensive but probably a player worthy of that kind of fee.

You could say Bolasie with hindsight. It seemed ludicrously expensive at the time but the injury adds a false impression. If we end up paying £25m for a player who only manages 15 games for us that will be very bad value.

Oversee £50M net spend this summer he's earned himself some respect.

Entirely up to him really. But if we just turnaround player sales plus maybe a little on top how is he achieving anything out of the ordinary in terms of squad development?

Dave...what I find slightly odd about your opinion/wind up/clickbait whatever it is, is that you have no truck with Moshiri spending around about what comes in from selling our dross and don't want to be here players, to fund replacements, but will think he's doing the right thing if he simply spends in excess of income by around £50 million. Surely what matters is 'good business', and not simply spending more? What does it prove if we spend £50 million over income just to simply prove that we can? Prudence is even more of a virtue when you're a billionaire...that's how you continue to be a billionaire....you don't have to prove it by spending money simply because you can.

Get a grip fella, Christ almighty.

Seriously. Please get a kin grip.

He's got a point. Every thread on here where even an ounce of positivity is expressed is totally derailed by the utter dross he posts. And yes it is bloody infuriating - even though he's on ignore. If any other poster did the same they'd be dealt with.

Well with the Torres example he was 26/27 years old, Spanish international and had scored winner in Euro finals. Seemed a touch expensive but probably a player worthy of that kind of fee.

You could say Bolasie with hindsight. It seemed ludicrously expensive at the time but the injury adds a false impression. If we end up paying £25m for a player who only manages 15 games for us that will be very bad value.

But we might get 4 great seasons out of Gylfi and get in the CL with him in the side, which would make your suggestion of him now being one of he worst deals ever an absolute pile of guff.

The lad is a proven premier league player, has good stats and should ease into the side comfortably. The fact he is near 50m is not his fault, nor the clubs, it is the state of the market, which also saw us ludicrously get near 50m for Stones a year ago - so actually so far there is a far worst deal right there already lol

He's got a point. Every thread on here where even an ounce of positivity is expressed is totally derailed by the utter dross he posts. And yes it is bloody infuriating - even though he's on ignore. If any other poster did the same they'd be dealt with.

He had a long ban last summer.

He and everyone else have the option to place him on ignore.

I don't understand the problem.

Wrd saying 48 mil bid has gone in. If they don't accept that then we need to go after someone else.
i hope we don't offer 48m... that seems really petty on our part. If we're willing to spend that much just spend the other 2 million. Let Swansea have their moral victory and give them the fee they've been holding out for.

Soon £100m transfers will be fairly common. Football is just progressing and £50m will be a relatively normal fee for a good player. Don't agree with it but it will happen.

Nah...the tweet has been posted in here numerous times. If you are unwilling to admit he is one of the most productive midfielders in the game over the last three seasons then you are unwilling to accept facts.

It's the opposite of that really. My problems with the signing is almost entirely based on stats.

The headline figures of goals/assists look good. The underlying numbers are terrible.

He plays well in one role, exactly the same role as Klaassen and Rooney play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back