Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight question/s
If he was our player having the same statistics over the last few season's plus a stand out 2016 Euro's with 3yrs left on his contract. Just say Chelsea or Manu come calling do we roll over ?
Considering we get absolute top dollar and more for our top players , how much would we be prepared to hold out til we accept ?
I'd laugh at the prospect of mugging some other club for £50M for a soon to be 28 year old.

Straight question/s
If he was our player having the same statistics over the last few season's plus a stand out 2016 Euro's with 3yrs left on his contract. Just say Chelsea or Manu come calling do we roll over ?
Considering we get absolute top dollar and more for our top players , how much would we be prepared to hold out til we accept ?
I'd let him go for £10m....;) over to you Swansea

We're they? You can prove it can you?

*waits*

If you mean can I provide documented evidence of the actual contract itself then obviously no.

However it was widely reported across numerous outlets re: both, and spoken about openly by Roms agent as well, plus never denied by Ross's people so I suppose the conspiracy involved all of their collusion?

Cue: you delete my second sentence and claim 'victory '

Really? Is this how desperate you've become ? So Rom, , his mega agent plus Barkley and his agent have all colluded in some Everton board level scam? Go give your head a wobble, of course they were both offered big contracts ffs.
I'm still waiting to find out how we were supposed to fight tooth and nail to keep Lukaku when next doors cat was sick of hearing him touting himself for a move.

"I can assure you that what I was told about Gylfi joining Everton came from a reliable source, which fell in line with a conversation I had earlier with a certain professional sportsman in Swansea. What transpired later was Kaplan getting involved in negotiations and naively accusing Everton of tapping up Gylfi, something which upset certain members of the Swans Board. Most fans have known that tapping up, although illegal, is part and parcel of the game and it would be naive to think that the Swans don't do it themselves.

I dare say the bottom line is, if HJ had been left to his own devices he would have no doubt settled a deal around £30-35M when the season ended, plus add-ons, while Kaplan is perceived by some as having bigger balls than HJ and driven the price up to £50M. You decide yourself, but what is the best option as far as Clement is concerned-a settled squad to start the season with, a settled well drilled outfit, or as Notrac has mentioned, the change in accountancy where large transfers, like last season, dragged on to the last days of July and into August that put more pressure on the manager.

Rumours are rife in the off season, driven by snippets from DoF's, agents, or journos desperate to provide copy for deadlines and you make your own mind up if you believe them. For me, I tend to believe what credible, trusted people tell me and marvel at the imagination and plagiarism of journos and bloggers."

Another post from the same guy

As I've mentioned before, Swansea can be buggars to deal with - as they were last year with Williams.
If this is true, surely all those saying just pay whatever they want will have to accept that we are being fleeced?

Swansea would have sold him for less than £35m but are now going to get an extra £15m from us simply because one of their directors correctly decided that he could count on our desperation.

I know people say 'it's not your money' but honestly that concerns me. Unless we've somehow managed to get city's level of money, it is simply madness for us to be drawn into this type of transfer.

I like sigurdsson and I back koeman and Walsh, but - if true -this seems utterly ridiculous to me.

I'm still waiting to find out how we were supposed to fight tooth and nail to keep Lukaku when next doors cat was sick of hearing him touting himself for a move.
Staying 'wasn't an option' from the horses mouth, that's been spun that into we didn't bother to offer him a new big contract, by the resident wum

If this is true, surely all those saying just pay whatever they want will have to accept that we are being fleeced?

Swansea would have sold him for less than £35m but are now going to get an extra £15m from us simply because one of their directors correctly decided that he could count on our desperation.

I know people say 'it's not your money' but honestly that concerns me. Unless we've somehow managed to get city's level of money, it is simply madness for us to be drawn into this type of transfer.

I like sigurdsson and I back koeman and Walsh, but - if true -this seems utterly ridiculous to me.

If a reserve full back goes for 25 m how much is Keane worth now.
Market has gone made City and United have seen to that

This is where we disagree.

We'll be overpaying yeh, but the club won't do a deal that is deemed bad for them. There's people far more qualified than any of us in charge of the purse strings now, and if we deem something a bad deal we will walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back