Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a reserve full back goes for 25 m how much is Keane worth now.
Market has gone made City and United have seen to that
Sorry you've lost me?

Michael Keane? Certainly not more than we paid if that's what you mean? It's widely accepted that we'd only get about £30m tops for Barkley so no way Keane is worth more than that.

It's kind of beside the point though, the market hasn't gone mad in the time that post was talking about. The point being made was that Swanseas board would happily have sold for much less but one voice has said 'let's screw them for every penny' and they've managed to do it. It's not the end of the world like, I just think it adds a bit of credence to the suggestion that we're overpaying and may be seen as an easy target by selling teams who get us to pay considerably over the odds.

If this is true, surely all those saying just pay whatever they want will have to accept that we are being fleeced?

You could make a similar conclusion that when we were dealing with whoever we were, we were low balling, (I know, sounds daft typing that), but now the Merican guy has strapped on a pair instead, and is demanding top dollar.

Up to us if we pay it.

But in a summer where City have spent the thick end of £150m on replacing 3 full backs, well, sanity is in the rabbit hole now.

Play the game, or dont. We seem to have come to play this year.

Over to you Ronald.

This is where we disagree.

We'll be overpaying yeh, but the club won't do a deal that is deemed bad for them. There's people far more qualified than any of us in charge of the purse strings now, and if we deem something a bad deal we will walk away.
You're right of course, but obviously the club didn't believe the niasse deal was bad, or the kroldrup one etc etc. They were though.

Again, I'm not saying it's a disaster, just that I think the belief that we're overpaying is supported by the assertion that the selling clubs own board were in the main willing to sell him for £15m cheaper.

Sigurdsson haters on suicide watch after recent £48 million bid

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Good riddance.

If you mean can I provide documented evidence of the actual contract itself then obviously no.

However it was widely reported across numerous outlets re: both, and spoken about openly by Roms agent as well, plus never denied by Ross's people so I suppose the conspiracy involved all of their collusion?

Cue: you delete my second sentence and claim 'victory '
No, it's not a conspiracy. They didn't reveal the figures they were involved with working on so you just dont have the facts.

Sigurdsson haters on suicide watch after recent £48 million bid

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Good riddance.
I dont think there's any hating on Sigurdsson - far from it.

there's just an understandable concern that not for the first time this summer the club have thrown away needless amounts of precious cash to club's who have had us off.

I dont think there's any hating on Sigurdsson - far from it.

there's just an understandable concern that not for the first time this summer the club have thrown away needless amounts of precious cash to club's who have had us off.

Yeah but the net spend figure will look good, thats the more important thing!

Sorry you've lost me?

Michael Keane? Certainly not more than we paid if that's what you mean? It's widely accepted that we'd only get about £30m tops for Barkley so no way Keane is worth more than that.

It's kind of beside the point though, the market hasn't gone mad in the time that post was talking about. The point being made was that Swanseas board would happily have sold for much less but one voice has said 'let's screw them for every penny' and they've managed to do it. It's not the end of the world like, I just think it adds a bit of credence to the suggestion that we're overpaying and may be seen as an easy target by selling teams who get us to pay considerably over the odds.

Barkley is only being valued that low because he has a year left before he goes for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back