Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's been common knowledge, ignore all the media speculation, that a deal had been agreed with Everton, the player's terms also, shortly after the end of the season.

Since then, a division in the boardroom has seen Kaplan raise the transfer fee that most fans feel represents the player's value while the Abraham and Mesa's signing have been conducted via the sale of Jack Cork and Bafe.

Clement meanwhile gives the impression that, with just over 2 weeks to go before the opening match v Saints, his squad is some way short of the quality he feels it needs to be for the start of the season. And quite rightly so.

Throw in the possible departure of the likes of Llorente, Bartley, Barrow, Montero and Kingsley and one comes to the conclusion that it's not just a further 2 players required but possibly 4.

What £45M+ is actually doing is forcing the club to pay over the odds for new squad additions and probably enter into an auction with other clubs as the transfer window closes. But there again it's business as normal for little old Swansea while Kaplan and Levein have still yet to use their cash to pay for new player recruits."

Interesting post from a Swansea fan forum

https://thejack.army/threads/whats-really-going-on-in-the-siggy-saga.13973/

Christ on a bike! That has to be the lamest get out I've ever seen - even by your standards mate.

They didn't count cos they'd already won something... and because of that they DON'T qualify as a selling club?

The logic is impeccable!

Not...

Except one of the three won absolutely nothing and the other won a league cup

"It's been common knowledge, ignore all the media speculation, that a deal had been agreed with Everton, the player's terms also, shortly after the end of the season.

Since then, a division in the boardroom has seen Kaplan raise the transfer fee that most fans feel represents the player's value while the Abraham and Mesa's signing have been conducted via the sale of Jack Cork and Bafe.

Clement meanwhile gives the impression that, with just over 2 weeks to go before the opening match v Saints, his squad is some way short of the quality he feels it needs to be for the start of the season. And quite rightly so.

Throw in the possible departure of the likes of Llorente, Bartley, Barrow, Montero and Kingsley and one comes to the conclusion that it's not just a further 2 players required but possibly 4.

What £45M+ is actually doing is forcing the club to pay over the odds for new squad additions and probably enter into an auction with other clubs as the transfer window closes. But there again it's business as normal for little old Swansea while Kaplan and Levein have still yet to use their cash to pay for new player recruits."

Thats the place i saw one of the posters reference accepting the 48m bid mate

SELL TO BUY.

"I can assure you that what I was told about Gylfi joining Everton came from a reliable source, which fell in line with a conversation I had earlier with a certain professional sportsman in Swansea. What transpired later was Kaplan getting involved in negotiations and naively accusing Everton of tapping up Gylfi, something which upset certain members of the Swans Board. Most fans have known that tapping up, although illegal, is part and parcel of the game and it would be naive to think that the Swans don't do it themselves.

I dare say the bottom line is, if HJ had been left to his own devices he would have no doubt settled a deal around £30-35M when the season ended, plus add-ons, while Kaplan is perceived by some as having bigger balls than HJ and driven the price up to £50M. You decide yourself, but what is the best option as far as Clement is concerned-a settled squad to start the season with, a settled well drilled outfit, or as Notrac has mentioned, the change in accountancy where large transfers, like last season, dragged on to the last days of July and into August that put more pressure on the manager.

Rumours are rife in the off season, driven by snippets from DoF's, agents, or journos desperate to provide copy for deadlines and you make your own mind up if you believe them. For me, I tend to believe what credible, trusted people tell me and marvel at the imagination and plagiarism of journos and bloggers."

Another post from the same guy

As I've mentioned before, Swansea can be buggars to deal with - as they were last year with Williams.

How would they know?

I believe the burden of proof is not on me. I make no claim for the level of salary our players are on. No fan knows it. Maybe Rooney, Schneiderlin, Koeman etc ring them and tell them?

Well you can't call it rubbish when you haven't got a clue either.

"I can assure you that what I was told about Gylfi joining Everton came from a reliable source, which fell in line with a conversation I had earlier with a certain professional sportsman in Swansea. What transpired later was Kaplan getting involved in negotiations and naively accusing Everton of tapping up Gylfi, something which upset certain members of the Swans Board. Most fans have known that tapping up, although illegal, is part and parcel of the game and it would be naive to think that the Swans don't do it themselves.

I dare say the bottom line is, if HJ had been left to his own devices he would have no doubt settled a deal around £30-35M when the season ended, plus add-ons, while Kaplan is perceived by some as having bigger balls than HJ and driven the price up to £50M. You decide yourself, but what is the best option as far as Clement is concerned-a settled squad to start the season with, a settled well drilled outfit, or as Notrac has mentioned, the change in accountancy where large transfers, like last season, dragged on to the last days of July and into August that put more pressure on the manager.

Rumours are rife in the off season, driven by snippets from DoF's, agents, or journos desperate to provide copy for deadlines and you make your own mind up if you believe them. For me, I tend to believe what credible, trusted people tell me and marvel at the imagination and plagiarism of journos and bloggers."

Another post from the same guy

As I've mentioned before, Swansea can be buggars to deal with - as they were last year with Williams.

FFS, why couldn't we have just dealt with Jenkins. 30 million, bobs ya dar and away we both go.

Yanks OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back