Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been training, just not appeared in their pre-season matches. Its not like he's been sat on his rump during the whole thing getting tubby ala Williams.
So all this stuff/excuses about players needing pre season games to get match fit/sharpness etc is just rubbish? Siggy will just hit the ground running because he has been training?

It can't be one rule for one, and one rule for another

Read my post again @bizzaro

'it's a flop'
Not
'He's a flop'

As in, exactly what I said, we need him for.the start of the season with the hard games we've got from the start...

A flop is a flop.

You called him that before he's even laced his boots.

Taken kneejerking to whole new levels there

A flop is a flop.

You called him that before he's even laced his boots.

Taken kneejerking to whole new levels there
You've kneejerked to new levels against my post, and twisted it to boot. Whatever floats your boat.

We tried signing this player a month ago and have been messing about, despite knowing their set price from day one. Signing him so late could be detrimental to Evertons' season.

All I'm saying is he hasn't had a single game of pre season and that we will need him for our hard start of fixtures based on the lack of creativity in our squad on the pitch so far. Therefore it is a bit of a flop from Everton.

I honestly fail to see what's so hard to understand about that.

You've kneejerked to new levels against my post, and twisted it to boot. Whatever floats your boat.

We tried signing this player a month ago and have been messing about, despite knowing their set price from day one. Signing him so late could be detrimental to Evertons' season.

All I'm saying is he hasn't had a single game of pre season and that we will need him for our hard start of fixtures based on the lack of creativity in our squad on the pitch so far. Therefore it is a bit of a flop from Everton.

I honestly fail to see what's so hard to understand about that.

No one's been messing about at Everton.

They're just not prepared to pay Swansea's sell on clause to Spurs. Simple. Swansea are one's flip flopping.

However. You've taken it to new levels saying he's a flop. The transfers a flop. Everton are a flop.

Well done. No really well done. o_O

*slow clap*

So all this stuff/excuses about players needing pre season games to get match fit/sharpness etc is just rubbish? Siggy will just hit the ground running because he has been training?

It can't be one rule for one, and one rule for another

Its not the games that get them fit? How would playing one game per week for 3/4 weeks get a player fit? Its the training they do every day which does it. The pre-season games are there to evaluate the team/player fitness. Clement has said Sigi still takes part in their training. At worse, he'll miss the first matchweek after he joins. I would be surprised if it was more.

No one's been messing about at Everton.

They're just not prepared to pay Swansea's sell on clause to Spurs. Simple. Swansea are one's flip flopping.

However. You've taken it to new levels saying he's a flop. The transfers a flop. Everton are a flop.

Well done. No really well done. o_O

*slow clap*
I never said he was a flop, and have reiterated this. Not sure where you are coming from mate, I just believe that bringing him in so late without pre season games under his belt is a flop regarding our start to the season. There is absolutely nothing hard to understand about this and if you disagree then sound, don't be a tit about it lol

Neil Shipperly or Kevin Davies would have been the lads for the job.
The don't make them like that anymore....
Fredi Bobic?
Remember Ferguson bizarrely flooring him with a gut punch and getting sent off in Moyes first season..after it the crowd at Park End were screaming at the Ref everytime any Bolton player went near one of ours. Had a Greek fella from theirs sent off about 10 minutes after. We won 3-1 in the end I think, with a Pistone 30 yarder.

Its not the games that get them fit? How would playing one game per week for 3/4 weeks get a player fit? Its the training they do every day which does it. The pre-season games are there to evaluate the team/player fitness. Clement has said Sigi still takes part in their training. At worse, he'll miss the first matchweek after he joins. I would be surprised if it was more.
Key words, match fitness. Different levels of intensity etc. I'm not actually making this up, It's actually a thing and is generally just a concern I've raised which has blown up and hit a few nerves apparently lol

I never said he was a flop, and have reiterated this. Not sure where you are coming from mate, I just believe that bringing him in so late without pre season games under his belt is a flop regarding our start to the season. There is absolutely nothing hard to understand about this and if you disagree then sound, don't be a tit about it lol

Any professional sports team will simply get on with it and not moan about it.

It's not ideal but not the end of the world like you seem to think it is.

It's hard to understand why you're wetting the bed over something rather trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back