£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can you get for £50million these days? Defenders who can't defend such as John Stones and goal scorers who can't score like Fernando Torres! In other words: £50million doesn't always get you very much in today's crazy world of Premier League transfer fees.

This is a good deal if true. Gylfi Sigurðsson has scored 30 goals for a desperately poor Swansea team in just 3 seasons. That's no mean feat. And his all-round game is far superior to that of Barkley. Exciting times.

What can you get for £50million these days? Defenders who can't defend such as John Stones and goal scorers who can't score like Fernando Torres! In other words: £50million doesn't always get you very much in today's crazy world of Premier League transfer fees.

This is a good deal if true. Gylfi Sigurðsson has scored 30 goals for a desperately poor Swansea team in just 3 seasons. That's no mean feat. And his all-round game is far superior to that of Barkley. Exciting times.
Don't know about that mate.
Around £50m spent overseas can buy you so much better I feel.
Crazy money. We have overpaid.
But, as long as we still have funds to get another good striker in I don't care about the fee.

Don't know about that mate.
Around £50m spent overseas can buy you so much better I feel.
Crazy money. We have overpaid.
But, as long as we still have funds to get another good striker in I don't care about the fee.

You're probably right mate, but I think that buying overseas can be a bit of a gamble. At least we know for a fact that Sigurðsson can do the business in the Prem.

You're probably right mate, but I think that buying overseas can be a bit of a gamble. At least we know for a fact that Sigurðsson can do the business in the Prem.
We are getting rid of our extensive dross to help fund the acquisition of a stronger squad all around.
Transfer fee wise, we have still raised more than we have paid ( or close to on par).
If, as looks likely, Barkely goes then we would all be panicking about finding a replacement.
Sure we don't have infinite funds, but we are balancing our transfer fee funds beautifully.

According to WRD and blueboy99 on the Everton forum this one is all done now. Apparently we're paying the 50, I hope at least 10 of that is add-ons

Why do you care how much we pay ? I don't understand. The club is willing to spend the cash necessary to get him in and that's all you need to know. Would it be easier if we signed him for an undisclosed fee ?

Its a fact that premiership clubs pay over the odds for players. That's due to the money generated and it being the richest league in the world. A league where the likes of Kyle Walker is being sold for 50M +. I personally think Coleman is arguably the best right back in this league, one of the best in Europe. Before his horrific injury, what would Coleman's valuation be, if the likes of Walker are going for monopoly money. Only two years ago we were all chatting on this forum about Utd possibly looking at Coleman for around 15 million. You would be gutted if Coleman was sold now for less than 30 million, such is his importance and quality for Everton (again, before his injury).

Is Sigurdsson worth 40 - 50 million in my eyes ? No absolutely not, but that's what a club like Swansea want and are entitled to ask for their star player. But then I don't personally care how much we spend on players because for the last 30 years I've sat back and watched the rest of the leagues teams spend their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back