£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure anyone who has actually watched him wouldn't say yes.

The price? Meh...the market is stupid, NEA.

I hate to give @davek more fuel but not only do we currently have a negative net spend but also the TV money is just sitting there.

Yeah I'm very much on board. Money in football is broken, not worth worrying one iota about. He'll help Everton win things, all that matters.

Big fan of that. I want nothing more than to prove to Dave we are minted (which would be boss to actually know). If it's just balancing the books with sales and TV money he will be insufferable.

I would rather just watch him moan about us spending too much on players.

Just wait till we buy Iceland for 50m, I honestly think a few peoples heads will roll down the hill never to return.

Do you work nights Goat?
the-devil-rides-out.webp

Don't think he ever sleeps.

I'm nervous about this deal. Tbh he not worth 40 million nevermind 50 mil.

His age is a concern. He could have an injury like Boalsie. There got to be better value abroad. Isn't this why we signed Walsh.

I'm nervous about this deal. Tbh he not worth 40 million nevermind 50 mil.

His age is a concern. He could have an injury like Boalsie. There got to be better value abroad. Isn't this why we signed Walsh.

I agree totally. For 50 M we could have tried to get Doglas Costa on permanent basis or many other better options.

We need to change our mentality. Do you think city fans were arsed when they overpaid for stones or sterling? The big boys spend fat wads and don't flinch. All that matters is what the players do on the pitch.

If Gylfi is good for us then that's all that matters. Yes we've overpaid but we're not accountants (koff Damo), we're football fans, so just enjoy having lots of boss footballers playing for Everton.

I agree totally. For 50 M we could have tried to get Doglas Costa on permanent basis or many other better options.

We are getting somebody with vast premier league experience, he should hit the ground running.

There is always a chance somebody from another league could take a while to settle I suppose. Plus my last point, I would expect Douglas Costa (like many other top players) would prefer to join a CL club.

We will be a laughing stock of we pay over 40 million. Who else will pay this? We need to walk away asap

Spurs spunked 30m on a painfully average, relegated Newcastle midfielder. Someone who barely even played for them.

But they had a boss season anyway and everyone forgot about it.

We need to change our mentality. Do you think city fans were arsed when they overpaid for stones or sterling? The big boys spend fat wads and don't flinch. All that matters is what the players do on the pitch.

If Gylfi is good for us then that's all that matters. Yes we've overpaid but we're not accountants (koff Damo), we're football fans, so just enjoy having lots of boss footballers playing for Everton.

Sterling and stones were 21 with huge potential. Sig is 28 next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back