£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

It will be agreed with add ons in the coming days. Swans will save face with the add ons bumping the fee up and we will get him allowing Ross to leave for about 35m.

There is no harm in having different opinions, that's all fine and debate makes things interesting.

What is very dull though is hijacking every thread with negativity just because he still has a stiffy for Martinez so takes that out on everything the club are doing, even throws constant venom at Baines who clearly sussed Martinez out as well.

You know this to be the case, don't play possum and pretend you don't see it.

They are different opinions to my own, but I don't think they are venom just opinion, I had a vendetta against Howard for years way worse then anything Dave posts about Dave. I also see similar posts about other players like Niasse. It seems it's ok for some players but not for others.

Again I'm not defending Dave here, just pointing out that many of the assertions made of him are guilty by almost everyone on the forum.

Let's be honest though, we all thought Martinez was the second coming after his first season. That surely makes us all hypocrites now.

The hijacking of the threads I'll give you that, that's annoying, sack the mods!!!!!!!!

You can do as you please mate, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I can say this I have had many debates with Dave over the years on the most minutiae and nuanced issues when it comes to Everton.

One thing Dave certainly is not is a Kopite.

Did you actually read my post, or just jump in, in defence of him?

I said 'acts like' which is totally different to BEING one.

And this happens all the time on here: "...So dave gives it out with his total negativity towards other posters in his comments, and gets it back in turn...", and not just with regard to dave. One famous thread is notorious for it.

He's good fun - I genuinely look forward to reading his posts, as they are nothing if not entertaining. Long may he continue to support Bobby Brown Shoes and weigh into the present administration at every opportunity! ;)

The money being reported is just crazy, you cannot deny that.

I get the idea, he's "PL proven" and as close to hit the ground running as one can be but at that price tag this just makes absolutely no sense. He had, what, 3 assists from open play all last season?

Think about this way, where he is playing in the PL, he's never been 'THE guy' in a big team. With THAT price tag, he's going to be expected to be one. Big fish/small pond vs big fish/MASSIVE pond. Thats a massive amount of expectation being put on him simply because of the money involved.

We're overpaying.

I don't care one bit. He's a player the manager wanted. We've backed the manager.

Honestly, everybody, just chill the hell out.

We have money. Accept it.

City are just about to spend £54m on Kyle Walker ffs.

much as I trust koeman I hope we'd focus on LB, LW and CF positions - we've great prospects emerging into an already competitive midfield

We don't play with wingers.

We play with wide forwards.

We have Mirallas, Lookman, Sandro and at a push DCL/Rooney all capable of playing that wide left role :) Bolasie when he's back too.

Sigurdsson will probably occupy a berth on one of the wide forward positions allowed to drift infield as well.

Hopefully that's not just at Ross' expense.

Did you actually read my post, or just jump in, in defence of him?

I said 'acts like' which is totally different to BEING one.

And this happens all the time on here: "...So dave gives it out with his total negativity towards other posters in his comments, and gets it back in turn...", and not just with regard to dave. One famous thread is notorious for it.

He's good fun - I genuinely look forward to reading his posts, as they are nothing if not entertaining. Long may he continue to support Bobby Brown Shoes and weigh into the present administration at every opportunity! ;)

Good stuff mate, enjoy reading them.

We are spamming this thread now, so I'll leave it there.

Also, since when has competition been a bad thing?

In a year, we've gone from:

Barry, McCarthy, Cleverley, Besic, Barkley, Gibson

to

Barry, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Gueye, Besic, Barkley, Davies, Klaassen, Sigurdsson

Two of the above may well leave, but bloody hell look at the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back