£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we'll use add ons to reach near £50m. Very good player but at 28 another poor investment like Bolasie.
We might have had M Dembele for that money and now we've set this precedent we'll be rinsed trying to buy any striker.
Anyway these are exciting times. RK is getting supported in a way his predecessors only dreamed of. He's under intense pressure to deliver now.

he's not 28

and it's not a poor investment.

Like Bolasie, he improves the side in an area that needed improvement. Simple.

I'm certainly not bringing anyone to task and Dave certainly doesn't need any minders.

If he believes something different to you what harm really. People are entitled to spend hours argueing with him.

My point was in relation to his points in this thread some of which I think are very good and thought provoking, I'm just trying to play the ball as opposed to the man.

There is no harm in having different opinions, that's all fine and debate makes things interesting.

What is very dull though is hijacking every thread with negativity just because he still has a stiffy for Martinez so takes that out on everything the club are doing, even throws constant venom at Baines who clearly sussed Martinez out as well.

You know this to be the case, don't play possum and pretend you don't see it.

Our model appears to be following the Chelsea, then City model of spending significantly larger amounts on PL players.

Chelsea spent £20mill on Duff, £11.5mill on Parker, £8mill each for Bridge, Cole and Johnson then followed it up with £26millon SWP. Those fees were back in 2004 -2006!!!

City spent £24 mill each on Adebayor, Lescott and Tevez, with £15mill on Kolo Toure and £18mill spent on Santa Cruz! They folloewd that up with £18mill on Milner. That was back in 2009 - 2011.

Laughing at people arguing with Dave like they have the key point he's never heard before that's going to change his mind.

He is making some very valid points if your open minded and listen.

Get in the bin lad. You show me one single post in all his history that our lemon headed one ever made where he was open minded and listened. You've not a leg to stand on.

One part of me is fuming at the thought of us paying 50m for him.

Then I think about it, and begin to realise maybe for once we are actually minted, super stuff.

he's not 28

and it's not a poor investment.

Like Bolasie, he improves the side in an area that needed improvement. Simple.
The money being reported is just crazy, you cannot deny that.

I get the idea, he's "PL proven" and as close to hit the ground running as one can be but at that price tag this just makes absolutely no sense. He had, what, 3 assists from open play all last season?

Think about this way, where he is playing in the PL, he's never been 'THE guy' in a big team. With THAT price tag, he's going to be expected to be one. Big fish/small pond vs big fish/MASSIVE pond. Thats a massive amount of expectation being put on him simply because of the money involved.

I'm certainly not bringing anyone to task and Dave certainly doesn't need any minders.

If he believes something different to you what harm really. People are entitled to spend hours argueing with him.

My point was in relation to his points in this thread some of which I think are very good and thought provoking, I'm just trying to play the ball as opposed to the man.
@davek main concern is not siguardsson's ability but more so the price. I too rate siguardsson highly and I believe he would be a good acquisition to the squad. However I'm guessing a minimum 40m fee and wages in excess of 100k a week, is an outlay by the club of 60m pounds over the duration of a 4 year contract. In effect it's costing us 15m a season to have him here, with significantly reduced resale value due to his age. I think any supporter is within their right to question that sort of outlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back