2013 International Champions Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, you looked at it wrong. The winner of RM vs. EVE plays the winner of CHE vs. ACM in the final. The loser of those two games face off for the 3rd place game.

The best Juve can hope for is to beat LA and play in the 5th place game against Valencia or Inter.

We'll see mate but I disagree. There was no mention of a points scoring system till Juve lost the penalties. Then, they introduce the 1 point for the loss on penalties. Juve beat LA, they have a combined 3 points. We lose to RM in 90 minutes i.e. not going to penalties, we have two points, Juve go into the 3rd place play off, normal service resumes, the advertisers are happy again!

We'll see mate but I disagree. There was no mention of a points scoring system till Juve lost the penalties. Then, they introduce the 1 point for the loss on penalties. Juve beat LA, they have a combined 3 points. We lose to RM in 90 minutes i.e. not going to penalties, we have two points, Juve go into the 3rd place play off, normal service resumes, the advertisers are happy again!

It was always like that, this next quote is the first post of the thread:

So... We are in this then:

omkeZc6.jpg

Juventus to start. JESUS.

Then either Galaxy or Madrid.

Crikey.

Do we think this will be on TV at all?

It will obviously be Martinez' first trophy.

The International Champions Cup is an 8-team tournament pitting some of the world's best and most prestigious football clubs against each other in a series of elimination matches to be played July 27 - August 7.

I reckon if we lose to Real Madrid and Juventus beat Galaxy, Juventus will play for 3rd place based on this jarg points system.

Vault me, I dare you.

I agree - they've changed this since we won.

Does it really matter though? We should be happy we're in this and the only reason we are is, I imagine, because our neighbours turned it down....

For me as long as it's one of the Milans or Valencia it doesn't matter at all

What a ready up FFS.

They have obviously decided that we didn't actually beat Juve because it was 1-1 after 90 minutes, and that we therefore have only 1 draw and a defeat while Galaxy have 1 win and a defeat. Thus, the yanks get to play in the 3rd place.

This is NOT what the chart in the original post shows - clearly we should be in the 3rd place play off.

This is BS, but still, I suppose it beats playing Blackpool and Motherwell in pre-season!!

Can't believe LA beat Juventus tonight. Honestly - Juve sucked and LA bossed the game. Never in a zillion million years did I ever think I'd type that.

Wish I could say the same about Ronaldo & Everyone Else vs. Everton.

Both of my teams didn't finish last, and no injuries (so far).

Mission accomplished.

Ludicrous that LA Galaxy take our place in the third place playoff. Load of absolute rubbish.

I'm still chuffed with Inter or Valencia, of course, but the 3rd place playoff kicks off at a manageable half 11 -- now we'll be starting at 2am! :(

Ludicrous that LA Galaxy take our place in the third place playoff. Load of absolute rubbish.

I'm still chuffed with Inter or Valencia, of course, but the 3rd place playoff kicks off at a manageable half 11 -- now we'll be starting at 2am! :(

I wonder what the tie breaker would have been if both teams went to penalties. Not that it matters. Just curious.

Int Champions Cup ‏@IntChampionsCup 5h
And that's the final whistle! The LA Galaxy beat Juventus 3-1 to advance to the 5th place match in Miami! #ICC2013

so we are in the 3rd place play-off after all.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back