2013 International Champions Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the tie breaker would have been if both teams went to penalties. Not that it matters. Just curious.

The phrase 'tie breaker' has no place is fusball, Kay. Just like adverts mid-game, fat linesmen, and sunny weather.

Musta been nice though, nonetheless, to have the biggest team in the world in LA? Also Real Madrid.

Int Champions Cup ‏@IntChampionsCup 5h
And that's the final whistle! The LA Galaxy beat Juventus 3-1 to advance to the 5th place match in Miami! #ICC2013

so we are in the 3rd place play-off after all.

I think basically, no one knows the rules.

The phrase 'tie breaker' has no place is fusball, Kay. Just like adverts mid-game, fat linesmen, and sunny weather.

Musta been nice though, nonetheless, to have the biggest team in the world in LA? Also Real Madrid.

That's the latest official tweet from the tournament. So fingers crossed it's the 11.30 pm game and not 2.00 am ffs.

Looks like we are in 5th place playoff on goal difference.

I think if Milan beat Chelsea, and Valencia beat inter, we could end up playing Chelsea (depending on goal difference).

Which would be super boring.

That's the latest official tweet from the tournament. So fingers crossed it's the 11.30 pm game and not 2.00 am ffs.

Looks like we are in 5th place playoff on goal difference.

I think if Milan beat Chelsea, and Valencia beat inter, we could end up playing Chelsea (depending on goal difference).

Which would be super boring.

I'll just wait until the OS announce something.

Then assume it's the opposite.

Does anyone really care? As long as we get 3 good run outs against good opposition it will have been worthwhile. The only thing we should concentrate on winning is Norwich away, not some snide Guinness cup.

it really looks like the rules here have been left open to interpretation to allow for the most commercial games to be engineered. or am I missing something? goal difference over two games? so basically its a league of four in which you only play two teams, and by winning one game guarantee a tougher second one and a possible lower position. just pre-season so doesn't matter but a horrible sign of what any super European league would probably be like

The ICC have made there own rules so complex that they dont even know who play's who,plus seeming like they have changed bracket during the comp after certain games has not helped,it was a simple if we won v madrid we played in the final,so making sense we lost meaning we would be in the 3rd place game lol,all to easy that though lol

it really looks like the rules here have been left open to interpretation to allow for the most commercial games to be engineered. or am I missing something? goal difference over two games? so basically its a league of four in which you only play two teams, and by winning one game guarantee a tougher second one and a possible lower position. just pre-season so doesn't matter but a horrible sign of what any super European league would probably be like

Yeah it is weird. We could still end up playing any of the other 4 sides in our final game.. due to goal difference.

I think this pre-season has been planned very well to be fair. Good European away for the fans to go to (if I hadn't been in Berlin at the time, I would have loved Vienna away), good local one in Blackburn for us to play a team we should beat, challenging opposition making a flight across the Atlantic worthwhile and then one at Goodison the week before the season starts to get give everyone the opportunity to see us in pre-season. I'll happily recant if we have a dire start to the season, but all things considered, I think we may have hit the perfect balance this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back