Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not going to find another lukaku :mad: . but if we do lose him I would like us to spend big on his replacement like we did with lukaku. We will have to look abroad tho. We won't be able to sign the finished article but maybe sign a young forward with a high ceiling potential like lukaku. I've seen the name Embolo branded around. He is powerful and strong like lukaku. Maybe a better touch then lukaku. His record at 19 is not as impressive then lukaku but who is.
Embolo seems to be more skilful and a better touch. I would try and get Embolo in

We are not going to find another lukaku :mad: . but if we do lose him I would like us to spend big on his replacement like we did with lukaku. We will have to look abroad tho. We won't be able to sign the finished article but maybe sign a young forward with a high ceiling potential like lukaku. I've seen the name Embolo branded around. He is powerful and strong like lukaku. Maybe a better touch then lukaku. His record at 19 is not as impressive then lukaku but who is.
Embolo seems to be more skilful and a better touch. I would try and get Embolo in

Yes depends on how much money Basel would want for him not the finished article and we would face stiff competition trying to sign the striker!

That sisto is another one linked with a move to the premier league move of a right winger but am sure will be a striker in the long term

His record wouldn't look as impressive because the lad has played the majority of games as a wide forward on the left rather than an out and out striker.

Seems to be playing more through the middle now though. Wolfsburg had a 25 million bid rejected in the last window so he won't come cheap.

Gimme an elite goalkeeper and an elite CB first of all. Keep Stones, sell Jags. New elite CB starts alongside RFM, Stones takes over when form dictates.

Then look at a DM (Schneiderlin?) and a 10.

Also, given the number of ageing / permanently injured / trash players we have set to leave, I would be looking to bring in a couple of new faces just to get the numbers right. Oxlade-Chamberlain would be on my list.

His record wouldn't look as impressive because the lad has played the majority of games as a wide forward on the left rather than an out and out striker.

Seems to be playing more through the middle now though. Wolfsburg had a 25 million bid rejected in the last window so he won't come cheap.

I would still prefer bakambu more proven in a good league (goals) and would be cheaper and less of a risk!

Problem with Bony/Benteke is they'll be on huge wages... I expect Bony is on about 150k and Benteke possibly near to that too. Seeing as our top earner is about 80k ...
If we are going to try and sign them may as well throw a contract at Rom on that sort of wages and see if he will stay. Win the cup and offer it with promise of letting him leave the following summer if we not in Champions League. May as well try it anyway.

Schneiderlein is a cracking player whose been badly underused so far by United - then again as for being a realistic target - dunno about that - didn't they pay 28m for him and he's already on 100k per week at them.

Main problem for him at United is he has been getting played more often as not as the defensive holding mid for them hasn't he?

For me anyway a Schneiderlein or Witsel type of player would seriously improve our midfield - although both need to be played alongside a much more defensive type to get the best out of them, but really neither would suit the system we play - because any centre mid who isn't a defensive midfielder really won't get much of a look in under the current manager - it's why in many ways until it is sorted for definite if he's staying or going then it's much harder to think about what players we need...

But anyway, the likes of Schneiderlein, Witsel, Yarmolenko are the type of players we should be going for - just about at the top level we could attract as none of them are 'superstar' type players, but all 3 are quality, and with the right age and experience to blend with a relatively youthful core of the team

I agree mate.

I think Schneiderlin would be a great buy. I just can't see him leaving United (yet).

I agree mate.

I think Schneiderlin would be a great buy. I just can't see him leaving United (yet).

Until the manager merry go arounds thats coming over the next 3/4 months not a lot will be certain with lots of players mate, City - new manager after the season, Chelsea - new manager after the euros finish, United - maybe new manager after the season and maybe not, Arsenal - maybe changing manager - maybe not, us - maybe changing and maybe not... the rs with a new manager who will have his first sizeable chance to shape that squad etc and a lot of incomings and outgoings no doubt.

Could conceivably be only Spurs out of the teams who over the last ten years have formed the top 7 more often than not keeping hold of their manager from the start of last season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back