Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimme an elite goalkeeper and an elite CB first of all. Keep Stones, sell Jags. New elite CB starts alongside RFM, Stones takes over when form dictates.

Then look at a DM (Schneiderlin?) and a 10.

Also, given the number of ageing / permanently injured / trash players we have set to leave, I would be looking to bring in a couple of new faces just to get the numbers right. Oxlade-Chamberlain would be on my list.
Sell Jags? Why? Don't want to turn this into a defence debate, but another centre back isn't a priority unless we get Europe, even then we don't need a top 20m+ player. Right now I would play Jags-Stones until the end of the season. I love Mori but he's still got lots of flaws. Re-assess at start of next season.

Sell Jags? Why? Don't want to turn this into a defence debate, but another centre back isn't a priority unless we get Europe, even then we don't need a top 20m+ player. Right now I would play Jags-Stones until the end of the season. I love Mori but he's still got lots of flaws. Re-assess at start of next season.
Personally mate considering he had zero English experience and flew half way a cross the world , I wouldn't judge mori on the fact he may have made a few mistakes.

To be honest I've been quite impressed, especially in a team that is not known for defensive qualities

Personally mate considering he had zero English experience and flew half way a cross the world , I wouldn't judge mori on the fact he may have made a few mistakes.

To be honest I've been quite impressed, especially in a team that is not known for defensive qualities
I think he's talking about the fact that our other defenders haven't made any mistakes.

Oh, wait...

Can someone confirm if we were linked to a young Norwegian player called Samuelson. Pretty sure I saw something.
Just seen him for Norway u21 v Spain. Looks promising.
By the way, Deulofeu scored the only goal of that match

Jags is 33. He has a short time left as a top-class centre half. I'd rather see him go for semi-decent money now than hold on to him for too long and see his resale value evaporate. Now we have a bit of cash, a genuine world-class CB should be on the list - someone from whom Stones can learn the darker arts of the defender's trade.

Everything we do in the transfer market has an impact on the perspective of each of the players already at the club. If we want Lukaku and Barkley to stay, we need to show them that we are serious about fixing the defensive problems we have - one of those problems is the lack of a commanding, dominant centre half who is great in the air IMHO.

Jags is 33. He has a short time left as a top-class centre half. I'd rather see him go for semi-decent money now than hold on to him for too long and see his resale value evaporate. Now we have a bit of cash, a genuine world-class CB should be on the list - someone from whom Stones can learn the darker arts of the defender's trade.

Everything we do in the transfer market has an impact on the perspective of each of the players already at the club. If we want Lukaku and Barkley to stay, we need to show them that we are serious about fixing the defensive problems we have - one of those problems is the lack of a commanding, dominant centre half who is great in the air IMHO.

Not sure we have as money as you think you know mate.

We have needs in the squad, a true left sided player, A Keeper, cover at RB, a number 8, plus if we have any hope of keeping them, improved contracts to Stones, Barkley and hopefully Rom, unlikely.

Maybe if we have money left over we can think about replacing our older players, but Martinez has bought Galloway and Holgate, plus theres Browning and a number of the lads from the u21s and u18s are getting good reports.

I know the rags have said we have 150m to spend, but I cant honestly see Moshiri "wasting" much of his money on, in his eyes, useless things like players, when theres the whole stadium issue to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back