2023/2024 Kits Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

we did that for the first year back with Le coq sportif, and it did n`t look too good
Yeah they made the white triangle way too big on that one. Umbro’s effort a few years later was better but still not quite right

1686685417092.jpeg

Not surprised really, it would take some creativity, foresight and effort to do something like that.
I’m guessing it’s more to do with the fact it’s not going to be our last season at Goodison. Maybe our last full season but seems fairly likely we will be playing some of our games at Goodison for the 24/25 season. They could well go the cash cow route and release a one off kit for our final game at Goodison whenever that may be.

Not suprised it won't be a commemorative kit. If the stadium got badly delayed and we start the following season at GP that would be quite embarrassing

Not surprised really, it would take some creativity, foresight and effort to do something like that.
exactly this. I know it's just a football kit and I know we'll probably move mid season the following year but this will be the last full season at the grand old lady and that should be celebrated! It's such a simple win why wouldn't the club do it? Regardless of whether we were in the premierleague or championship it would have still be our last full season at Goodison. Seriously the lack of creativity or planning at this club is insane.

Marketing idea - if we know we will be moving mid-season can we not do a commemorative last season kit at the start and then switch to a new stadium kit when we move? Really suck us mugs dry?

There may be some logic to this. I believe the hummel deal is up at the end of the new season? Like many of the current deals they were set up to expire as we go into the new stadium when we'll have better leverage to negotiate better deals.
So let's assume through our new MSP overlords we get a new kit supplier - let's say Adidas, and a new sponsor, lets say McLaran (because don't they have ties to them?) - we're telling the both of them the first shirt they'll appear on is this special Goodison Park Kit that is going to be featured everywhere ansd will be imortalised as the first kit we ever wore in our new stadium. Sales are expected to be greater than ever before and the exposure massive.
Now.... that's all hypothetical and I've assumed that Everton have done the grown up thing and actually thought ahead which we know they won't have.
The likelihood is they're just a bit crap at everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.