2024/25 Relegation Thread

Cunha and Hwang are solid enough players for counter attack, new CF Larsen also scored today. We can only hope Ndiaye and Lindstrom make a similar impact once they've given a proper chance.

Wolves obviously need some new defenders as they were wide open all game and Chelsea ruthlessly exploited that.
They definitely have more going forward than us, that’s for sure, but then every year much more attractive looking sides than us go down because they can’t defend.

I believe there are 4 tiers of this league.
Us being in tier 4 which consists of teams that are absolutely woeful

Tier 1
- Man City
- Arsenal
- Liverpool
- Spurs
- Chelsea

Tier 2
- Aston Villa
- Man Utd
- Brighton
- West Ham
- Newcastle

Tier 3
- Crystal Palace
- Brentford
- Nott Forest
- Fulham
- Bournemouth

Tier 4
Everton
Wolves
Saints
Leicester
Ipswich
It’s all going to end in tiers

Can’t massively disagree with this although maybe generous to Brentford who finished beneath us last season despite the 8 point deduction.
True although I actually think the deduction actually gave the players something to prove. A real moral booster. As crazy as it sounds

This season we look really uninspired tbh

True although I actually think the deduction actually gave the players something to prove. A real moral booster. As crazy as it sounds

This season we look really uninspired tbh
I know what you mean. It's only two games and we've lost to two better teams and that can happen, but the concern like you say is that the vibe feels off, they don't look fired up at all for the season. I wonder if some of that stems from having people around the squad like Holgate, Maupay and DCL who have made no secret of the fact they don't want to be there.

They definitely have more going forward than us, that’s for sure, but then every year much more attractive looking sides than us go down because they can’t defend.

One long term Branth/Tarks injury away from same happening here. Luckily both just miss a couple each year so it's never really been an issue, infact think Tarks was available for every single match last season?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back