2024/25 Relegation Thread

Issue is whilst some other teams are on zero points, they actually play football and create chances e.g., Crystal Palace. Missed chances have cost them points whilst Everton look HORRIFIC with a manager still stuck with a philosophy from the 1950s.

We are in serious trouble this season make no mistake about that.

I believe there are 4 tiers of this league.
Us being in tier 4 which consists of teams that are absolutely woeful

Tier 1
- Man City
- Arsenal
- Liverpool
- Spurs
- Chelsea

Tier 2
- Aston Villa
- Man Utd
- Brighton
- West Ham
- Newcastle

Tier 3
- Crystal Palace
- Brentford
- Nott Forest
- Fulham
- Bournemouth

Tier 4
Everton
Wolves
Saints
Leicester
Ipswich
I think there are 3 tiers:

Tier 1
Man City
Arsenal
Liverpool

Tier 2
Chelsea
Aston villa
Tottenham
Manchester United
Newcastle
West Ham
Brighton

Tier 3
Bournemouth
Fulham
Crystal Palace
Brentford
Nottingham Forest
Everton
Wolves
Ipswich
Leicester
Southampton

I can't see any team in tier 3 finishing higher, same rules apply to tier 2. Bottom half of the table is much of a muchness in my view.

I believe there are 4 tiers of this league.
Us being in tier 4 which consists of teams that are absolutely woeful

Tier 1
- Man City
- Arsenal
- Liverpool
- Spurs
- Chelsea

Tier 2
- Aston Villa
- Man Utd
- Brighton
- West Ham
- Newcastle

Tier 3
- Crystal Palace
- Brentford
- Nott Forest
- Fulham
- Bournemouth

Tier 4
Wolves
Saints
Leicester
Ipswich Tier 5 Everton

Fixed

Issue is whilst some other teams are on zero points, they actually play football and create chances e.g., Crystal Palace. Missed chances have cost them points whilst Everton look HORRIFIC with a manager still stuck with a philosophy from the 1950s.

We are in serious trouble this season make no mistake about that.

I think so. We cant score. We couldnt score last season but our goal difference was streets ahead of everyone else down in the bottom 8. Take that away and still cant score problem. Only one outcome.
Two games in and Bournemouth is already a huge game.
There is literally no enjoyment supporting this club.
The thing with Dyche is what you do expect is to be unspectacular but solid and hard working.
His comments yesterday i felt have gone under the radar a bit about the players not fancying it. Thats a huge statement.

In my humble opinion, I reckon there's quite a few tiers:

Tier 1
City
Arsenal

Tier 2
[Poor language removed]
Villa
Spurs

Tier 3
Chelsea
United
Newcastle

Tier 4
Brighton
West Ham

Tier 5
Palace
Bournemouth
Fulham

Tier 6
Brentford
Forest
Wolves
Everton

Tier 7
Ipswich
Leicester
Southampton

Unfortunately we are currently dangerously close to Tier 7. Unless performances improve, of course.

In my humble opinion, I reckon there's quite a few tiers:

Tier 1
City
Arsenal

Tier 2
[Poor language removed]
Villa
Spurs

Tier 3
Chelsea
United
Newcastle

Tier 4
Brighton
West Ham

Tier 5
Palace
Bournemouth
Fulham

Tier 6
Brentford
Forest
Wolves
Everton

Tier 7
Ipswich
Leicester
Southampton

Unfortunately we are currently dangerously close to Tier 7. Unless performances improve, of course.
perhaps they should all just compete in a mini-league between them, couldn't be much worse than what we have now :p

I know what you mean. It's only two games and we've lost to two better teams and that can happen, but the concern like you say is that the vibe feels off, they don't look fired up at all for the season. I wonder if some of that stems from having people around the squad like Holgate, Maupay and DCL who have made no secret of the fact they don't want to be there.

It's not just the odd 2-3. It's the bulk of the squad. That is a real problem.

The majority of the squad know they won't be at the club in 12 months (perhaps not even 12 days in some cases).

I imagine for many of them, it's like handing your notice in at work but still having to turn up for a month or two. Who's giving their all while working their notice?

Very, very disappointing video going round social media of the squad getting abused getting onto the train.

Maupay gives it back as well…

Think we are properly in it for the long haul with the body language there.

I think so. We cant score. We couldnt score last season but our goal difference was streets ahead of everyone else down in the bottom 8. Take that away and still cant score problem. Only one outcome.
Two games in and Bournemouth is already a huge game.
There is literally no enjoyment supporting this club.
The thing with Dyche is what you do expect is to be unspectacular but solid and hard working.
His comments yesterday i felt have gone under the radar a bit about the players not fancying it. Thats a huge statement.

Get Branthwaite back in and there's at least a decent feeling that a clean sheet is realistic (as proven last year with the 5th highest in the league). Without him it's not a shock to see defence concede 3s and 4s against quick attacks.

I think that's what it comes down to in a low scoring team. The two regular CBs can't be missing that many games. Last season I think it was only Burnley away that it wasn't Tarks-Branthwaite from middle of August right through to the end of the season which was a minor miracle when you look at how many different defensive combinations likes of Villa, Newcastle, Chelsea, Man. United had to put out.

Already this season feels completely different with so many players out.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back