2024/25 Relegation Thread

Our season starts in September

Not at Villa.

Leicester has one bad 90 minutes away from the sack scenario written all over it so need to turn up there. By all accounts they played well second half v Villa and might have taken a point and when you look at their signings they do still have a reasonably experienced prem team.

Lose that and I can see a change of manager tbh.

What’s crazy is that if you close that game out, you’re here saying ‘a good win and a great performance at home, lots of bright spots to look forward to with Tim and Ndiaye. It looks as though we’ve got the quality to be ok across the season’

But instead you’re questioning where a win is coming from in the next 10 games and every lead you have from now on will be undermined - every other fanbase will roar their team on even if we’re ahead at the end, believing it will happen. And I think our players believe it too.

What’s crazy is that if you close that game out, you’re here saying ‘a good win and a great performance at home, lots of bright spots to look forward to with Tim and Ndiaye. It looks as though we’ve got the quality to be ok across the season’

But instead you’re questioning where a win is coming from in the next 10 games and every lead you have from now on will be undermined - every other fanbase will roar their team on even if we’re ahead at the end, believing it will happen. And I think our players believe it too.
We see that out as a team should, this thread gets laughed at.

I read the quoted text in Dyche's voice, exactly what he would've said if it had stayed 2-0 (or even 2-1).

Problem now as you say is there won't be that assurance when leading 1-0 at Goodison in tight games as at the end of last season. Seeing out those games keeps the club up so very bad news today was, losing 0-1 wouldn't have been as bad mentally as what we saw in the last 10.

I read the quoted text in Dyche's voice, exactly what he would've said if it had stayed 2-0 (or even 2-1).

Problem now as you say is there won't be that assurance when leading 1-0 at Goodison in tight games as at the end of last season. Seeing out those games keeps the club up so very bad news today was, losing 0-1 wouldn't have been as bad mentally as what we saw in the last 10.
100%

We won a lot of our games last season by 1 goal, that’s now nightmarish. We get blamed for contributing to ‘nervous energy’ when clearly, the tension is justified.

Branthwaite cannot come back fast enough, but how many point will you have surrendered between now and then? I genuinely cannot see where we win in the league.

Not at Villa.

Leicester has one bad 90 minutes away from the sack scenario written all over it so need to turn up there. By all accounts they played well second half v Villa and might have taken a point and when you look at their signings they do still have a reasonably experienced prem team.

Lose that and I can see a change of manager tbh.
Who sacks him?

Honestly just got home from the game still in shock but for 80 minutes we played some of the best football in years, make right substitutes and see game out.. think we have some talent there who I think will see us safe long term imo

Mangala, Branthwaite, Garner improve the team. Garner at RB or play Dixon.

Play Mangala and Tim in the middle, Gana needs limited time, we need younger fresher legs.

Coleman and Young should never play again and should never have been given contracts.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back